Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Little testrange (2.6km)..

We have been doing that for customers flying from their vehicle or from their homes.for some time now.
We have installed magnetic mount omni antennas for wifi, no more than 5-6dBi gain, on top of vehicles's roofs and
range is good still. Line loss is negligible with rg-58 at 2.4ghz , even several feet when using amps on the controller.

The repeater idea won't work because lightbridge does not use wifi it's a proprietary digital video transmission system, so I don't know what you are talking about there. There have been cases of stock P3 and I1 being flown o 4 miles or 6km with great LOS and altitude. Where the FPVLR kit exceles is in obstacle penetration. Even if the half spheres are directional we had a customer with our amped setup fly behind his back, so with antennas pointed 180 degrees away from the copter and still got 2 miles... so you can see that with lightbridge things are very different. The starting performance is so good that our cp helix eiher alone or with amps will kick butt.

Reactions: sirnikolas
We have been doing that for customers flying from their vehicle or from their homes.for some time now.
We have installed magnetic mount omni antennas for wifi, no more than 5-6dBi gain, on top of vehicles's roofs and
range is good still. Line loss is negligible with rg-58 at 2.4ghz , even several feet when using amps on the controller.

The repeater idea won't work because lightbridge does not use wifi it's a proprietary digital video transmission system, so I don't know what you are talking about there. There have been cases of stock P3 and I1 being flown o 4 miles or 6km with great LOS and altitude. Where the FPVLR kit exceles is in obstacle penetration. Even if the half spheres are directional we had a customer with our amped setup fly behind his back, so with antennas pointed 180 degrees away from the copter and still got 2 miles... so you can see that with lightbridge things are very different. The starting performance is so good that our cp helix eiher alone or with amps will kick butt.

That sounds good. I'm so used to dealing with wireless Point to Point, hitting 2 to 10 miles away. I hate wireless it's soo picky.

Is your unit designed for the command communication and or Video live streaming?
Is there a way to use this antenna for the Ground PC Station?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop