Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Live Announcement...

I agree that it is quite surprising (to say the least) to see most of the same tech from the Inspire 1 packed into the Phantom 3.
Another thing to add to the list of what the I1 can do over the P3 will be the max flight speed. I shoot a lot of fast moving targets and the I1 definitely makes that much easier.

Please correct me if I am wrong in the following specs:
I1 Top Speed = ~49 mph
P2V+ Top Speed = ~35 mph (not recommended)

P2V+ will go faster in atti. I have had mine going over 40 with no wind. Catch a tail wind and you can get it going much faster. That is not to say that P3 won't be faster though...:cool:

I'm a glass-half-full kind of guy. The way I see it is that you can now have a second drone in your hanger that has near enough the same capabilities as your I1 for less than half the cost. From my POV this is quite a good thing. I currently have a P2 with a GP4 camera. I cant really blend the footage taken from my I1 with the GP4 due to fish-eye distortion and differing sensor sizes. My P2 is a great work-horse but not really suitable for professional work anymore. I think if you're touting yourself out there as a pro, you really need to invest in great gear to stay one step ahead of the pack. Personally I am delighted in the price point of the P3 Pro and Advanced models. I will order a P3Pro but not before my mate Simon does, he's still a bit jealous I beat him to buy an I1 so I'll let him be the guinea pig this time!

Reactions: Mazz
Another great example of DJI.Holy crap Still no spare parts for Inspire and now this.
Hello......... DJI howabout the promised features for the Inspire?Using the same app for the P3 and all those promised things are there!
You better step up DJI and give us something to be proud of.Improve the app and lower your prices for example the batteries.See that you get things in stock.
On the other hand maybe if this P3 will be a big succes and Inspire sales will go down,maybe you will lower prices for Inspire and all the things wich are part of the Inspire.

I am really pissed, just ordered my I1 a couple of hours ago! They will have to come up with some goodies for us! WE WANT THE HANDGIMBAL and Spare BATTERIES!

I meant more information about when it is it coming? What'll it cost?
Not seeing the release date is understandable, but the cost is very widely reported, and is on DJI's site.
As for the release, many outlets are claiming they'll start to ship at the end of the month. I'm curious what the wait time will be for those who aren't buying today.

I agree...this is a really huge nut tap.
I was planning on building up another rig come the summer time...either hex or octo. But come on...they're selling an aircraft with Lightbridge that is actually cheaper than what I can buy just the Lightbridge system separately for. What the Hell people?

I'm glad my Inspire is great for providing a kick *** visual for what we do...I'll be sourcing my next aircraft elsewhere...
Like somewhere that can actually provide spare parts for the machines they already offer before they introduce a new one...FFS.

Yup. Sick to my stomach. P3 has POI and Follow me. Thanks for the love DJI. We buy your Mercedes with the promise of getting these features soon and you stick them in your Hyundai. I feel like flying my Inspire into a garage door.

Reactions: skylabimaging
I feel like flying my Inspire into a garage door.

Fly it a few more times, and it just might happen! J/K... I love my I1:) I can't help but think that with this new P3, and the price for what you get, the market is going to be highly flooded with these things. The I1 was just a little far reach financially for alot of people.

Last edited:
32202decb2eab6c8f0dcb6043444368dcd470a5e0dcde36396d4486562460498.jpg

Man I had to do it...sorry..

Again, I'm sorry.

Yup. Sick to my stomach. P3 has POI and Follow me. Thanks for the love DJI. We buy your Mercedes with the promise of getting these features soon and you stick them in your Hyundai.
No it doesn't - at least not natively. That's referring to the SDK, which allows POI and Follow-Me in third-party software (there's already one out for the P2V+ called 'Autopilot').

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg