Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Live Announcement...

I guess for the photographers it may stink a bit to get the same camera on a less functional quad. But it is still just that, a less functional quad. I love my inspire.

Fingers crossed that in the next coming weeks DJI releases the new features for the Inspire. Maybe they are saving these releases for NAB.

it's already on amazon with a May 15 date. I just chatted with DJI and mid May is about when batteries and props will be available. Hmm, guess it's good I did not yet pull the trigger on my new Inspire (almost did last night),

also note, it is not the same dimensions as the Phantom 2, 2+ so it will need a new case. No it does not come with a case.

Cheers,
Lesn8r

Guys and Gals .... here is my point of view for whats its worth. The phantom is a great entry copter, however no matter how good the camera is you will never get the flexibility and rock steady platform offered by the Inspire.
As a film maker the ability to have one person fly the camera while another flies the platform is very important. I loved my phantom but even it I could put one of our Red epic's on it I simply wouldn't it isn't stable enough.

I was having lunch at a beach near kingston in 30 mph winds I couldn't resist throwing up the inspire, see what I got alone ... no post production. You just couldn't get this with any phantom.

I'm sorry to the guys who are bitchin and complaining on here but let me ask you this question. When did early adopters of new technology not take it up the arse? This is simply another case of techno-junkies getting fisted. Its happened a million times before and it will continue to happen until the day one big EMP sends us all back to the dark ages.

To clear up a few misconceptions ..

howabout the promised features for the Inspire?
Using the same app for the P3 and all those promised things are there!
It's the same app ... nothing else in there, no features you don't have.

also note, it is not the same dimensions as the Phantom 2, 2+ so it will need a new case.
No .. it's the same size and fits a P2 case

Yup. Sick to my stomach. P3 has POI and Follow me. Thanks for the love DJI. We buy your Mercedes with the promise of getting these features soon and you stick them in your Hyundai.
Check again ... it's the same app. No new features.
POI, GS & Follow Me are only examples of features that might become available if/when SDK developers write them.

The Hyundai doesn't have any features lacking in the Inspire (except cheaper batteries, a lightweight package and a cheaper price). But it does have 90+% of what the Inspire has.

No release date announced yet. Anyone else feeling a little miffed at DJI? Why did I just spend 5k on an I1 with accessories when I could get 2 or 3 Phantom 3's for the same price with longer flight times and better app features?
Right now the only things the I1 has going for it are the landing gear and 2 man operation... but you could just have your second man fly the 2nd P3 you got for less than half the price!!! :mad:
yes i feel ofended by DJI, i finally got my Inspire1 (1 week ago) after 4 months wanting it, spent way much more than regular pricec couse i bought it in colombia (from official dealer) and i came back to ecuador (where i live) and had to pay taxes and all that shits, around u$s4k for a single controller I1 +2 TB48 and this **** came for 1/3 of that, with extra battery, with almost all the same things of I1, + Ground Station/Way Points + 6000 mts max height + 25mins battery + u$s100 extra batteries OMG im so pissed off :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I just hope DJI release very soon our own GS/WP at least, i want to do some orthophotos

Reactions: britchris1
Guys and Gals .... here is my point of view for whats its worth. The phantom is a great entry copter, however no matter how good the camera is you will never get the flexibility and rock steady platform offered by the Inspire.
As a film maker the ability to have one person fly the camera while another flies the platform is very important. I loved my phantom but even it I could put one of our Red epic's on it I simply wouldn't it isn't stable enough.

I was having lunch at a beach near kingston in 30 mph winds I couldn't resist throwing up the inspire, see what I got alone ... no post production. You just couldn't get this with any phantom.

Amazing image!

Fly it a few more times, and it just might happen! J/K... I love my I1:) I can't help but think that with this new P3, and the price for what you get, the market is going to be highly flooded with these things. The I1 was just a little far reach financially for alot of people.
the only good thing i can see with the app sharing between I1 and P3 is that if P3 will be so over sell, we will have 5x more chances to get more options (addons) on our app pilot, maybe a faster develpment of GS POI WP and many other things

(i should say even if im pissed off, im still in love with my I1)

Reactions: damoncooper
To clear up a few misconceptions ..

It's the same app ... nothing else in there, no features you don't have.

No .. it's the same size and fits a P2 case

Check again ... it's the same app. No new features.
POI, GS & Follow Me are only examples of features that might become available if/when SDK developers write them.

The Hyundai doesn't have any features lacking in the Inspire (except cheaper batteries, a lightweight package and a cheaper price). But it does have 90+% of what the Inspire has.

with almost all the same things of I1, + Ground Station/Way Points
I just hope DJI release very soon our own GS/WP at least, i want to do some orthophotos
No ... The P3 uses the same app as the Inspire. It doesn't have Ground Station or waypoints.

I was told it was NOT the same size as the Phantom 2 from DJI user support. I was told the batteries were NOT interchangeable, Phantom 3 being 4 cell. Batteries and props would be available in mid- May. If that is mis-information, it is not from me.

Last edited:
I was told it was NOT the same size as the Phantom 2 from DJI user support. If that is mis-information, it is not from me.
They gave a measurement including props for the P3 and that's caused the confusion.
Blade Strike on RCgroups confirms it fits a P2 case.

Last edited:
thanks, I understand the math, I thought the specs were apples and oranges when I read them as well.
I'm curious why DJI support would tell me otherwise. Guess I'll find out for myself when I get my V3.
DJI support also said a case was not included.

Thank you for the link.

yes i feel ofended by DJI, i finally got my Inspire1 (1 week ago) after 4 months wanting it, spent way much more than regular pricec couse i bought it in colombia (from official dealer) and i came back to ecuador (where i live) and had to pay taxes and all that shits, around u$s4k for a single controller I1 +2 TB48 and this **** came for 1/3 of that, with extra battery, with almost all the same things of I1, + Ground Station/Way Points + 6000 mts max height + 25mins battery + u$s100 extra batteries OMG im so pissed off :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Did anyone force you to buy it?

Reactions: Highrpm955

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD