Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Live Facebook / Youtube streaming

Reaction score
Recently I did some live streaming tests with horrible results. Here is what I was working with.

Ipad mini 4 with latest OS Installed
Inspire 1 with single remote.

Normally I have no issues with RC / HD range while flying in Inspire 1. I can fly over 2,000 feet away with no video interruption what so ever.

Over the past few days I've been testing out the live streaming features whiten the DJI Go app.

I had my drone in the air, with the DJI App running with my Ipad mini 4 connected to a Wifi access point (wifi signal was very strong)

As soon as I click the Facebook Live Stream i right away start having MAJOR signal issues. I woud totally loose the Video Signal from the drone when only being 200 to 400 feet away.

If I do the same thing, but instead of being connected to WIFI i am using the cellular signal on the Ipad then the video signal isn't so bad, I can get about 600 to 1K away before noticing video issues.

Does anyone have any tips or hints on how I can fix this issue? Obviously the wifi signal is interfering with the video signal. How does DJI expect us to use this feature, if we can't go more then 300 feet without getting total signal interference.

Any help would be appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko