Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Location evaluation

Reaction score
My company is having a party on the roof of the adjacent 6 stony parking garage. The precast concrete garage is in a mid-sized city with two towers under construction to the west, a river to the south, and the remaining blocks are low-rise approximately as tall as the garage.

I flew it successfully once but now I question the possibility of flying over the garage again. Other than compass interference or maybe the Vision Positioning System going inactive, are there other concerns I should consider. I do not plan on flying over the party goers, I just want to get a good company photo as it will be a Halloween party.

The GPS signals seem strong at the location has good sky visibility. But there will probably be enough metal I will have to be prepared to fly P-ATTI. As for prelfight; if you are of the opinion it is Safe to Fly, would you avoid compass calibration on location and fly only if the sensors are in range? My thoughts are I can calibrate the compass and IMU at a nearly safe location such as an empty field a couple of blocks away.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Why are you calibrating the compass and IMU? You don't have to do that before each flight. If it flew great in your previous flight you should be fine. Just check the sensors as part of your pre-flight checks and if the numbers are good.............you are good to fly. Doing those calibrations in an area with alot of cars and buildings can be a recipe for a sudden crash right after take-off. Compass calibration if you are so incline can be done in an open field. The IMU, which surprisingly I've never done, should be done at home and away from anything that can cause vibrations. If the values are good and within range, just fly is my recommendation. I'm sure others will chime in.

I'm still a new pilot using my I1 (52 flights, 8.5 hours) but I've flown quite a bit with my Phantom and F550 Flamewheel. Good Luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669