Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Location or satellite map Display when on Location?

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this basic topic has been answered already - couldn't find any info using the search facility.

My iPad Air 2 is the Wi-Fi + Cellular model which means that even though I don't have an active cellular account I am able to access maps when out and about and away from a Wi-Fi signal. That includes both Google, Apple and other 3rd party maps I have on my device.

However the DJI-GO app does not display any mapping displays when I am out flying on location.

Why am I not seeing the maps? Is there a special command for this to work or do I actually have to have a Cellular account?

When I am back in my office all the previous flight information is displayed on the screen but not when out on location.

Apologies in advance if this basic topic has been answered already - couldn't find any info using the search facility.

My iPad Air 2 is the Wi-Fi + Cellular model which means that even though I don't have an active cellular account I am able to access maps when out and about and away from a Wi-Fi signal. That includes both Google, Apple and other 3rd party maps I have on my device.

However the DJI-GO app does not display any mapping displays when I am out flying on location.

Why am I not seeing the maps? Is there a special command for this to work or do I actually have to have a Cellular account?

When I am back in my office all the previous flight information is displayed on the screen but not when out on location.
Have you got Cache Map in Background checked in Dji Go?

General Settings / 'Cache Map in Background' / On

Thanks for the reply

No it wasn't on.

Now that I have turned it on will I now see maps when out on location or do I need to go through the cache map procedure that I have read about and will need to learn how to do?

Thanks for the reply

No it wasn't on.

Now that I have turned it on will I now see maps when out on location or do I need to go through the cache map procedure that I have read about and will need to learn how to do?
You will need to cache the maps for the area you are going to fly or if you have cellular reception out at location you can do it there. If you do it at location though you are using your data plan/account which may cost you money. At home via wifi is free!:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido