Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK London flight near the Palace

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for some advice on a site we've been asked to quote for in London, job involves a roof survey & taking photos of the property & the site is near Buckingham Palace, so plenty of restrictions in place.

Using an inspire 1 v2, we've been advised to raise a notam, carry out our usual risk assessments & apply for an enhanced non standard flight while another advised a we're under 7kg so will be fine to fly...not convinced it'll be that easy!

I did come across one post on the forum about informing the Met for approval prior to any flight, so will look into that too.

Has anyone out there flown in this type of restricted area & can advise on the exact procedures to carry out this type of work, are we missing anything or is this job more trouble than it's worth?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi all, looking for some advice on a site we've been asked to quote for in London, job involves a roof survey & taking photos of the property & the site is near Buckingham Palace, so plenty of restrictions in place.

Using an inspire 1 v2, we've been advised to raise a notam, carry out our usual risk assessments & apply for an enhanced non standard flight while another advised a we're under 7kg so will be fine to fly...not convinced it'll be that easy!

I did come across one post on the forum about informing the Met for approval prior to any flight, so will look into that too.

Has anyone out there flown in this type of restricted area & can advise on the exact procedures to carry out this type of work, are we missing anything or is this job more trouble than it's worth?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Not sure who told you that you will be fine with a sub 7kg UAV without permission in that area but they need shooting if that is their advice and they have no right to be operating commercially! (That's my opinion, some may think I'm too lenient :p)

Buck Palace will put you slap bang inside EGR157 - Check your PFAW/PFCO and you will see that (unless you have specific dispensation) aircraft of ANY MTOM are prohibited within EGR157/8/9 without express permissions. This is active from surface to 1,400ft
You will need NATS approval (ENSF Clearance) as well Met Police anti terrorist acceptance (especially with whats happened over the last week !!) via Notify us about filming in London | The Met
Non-Standard Flight Applications | NATS
What I would say is, with what has gone on outside Parliament in the last 7 days you may have more hoops to jump through than normal.

Thanks for the response, I completely agree about the below 7kg thing I was never on board with that, not sure they were paying attention to the location!

This job did come in after the recent event in London, which I why I wanted to be sure to do it properly. Even if there hadn't been an attack this area would always be tricky.

I think before we say yes to anything we'll contact the relevant authorities & see how many hoops we have to jump through.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the response, I completely agree about the below 7kg thing I was never on board with that, not sure they were paying attention to the location!

This job did come in after the recent event in London, which I why I wanted to be sure to do it properly. Even if there hadn't been an attack this area would always be tricky.

I think before we say yes to anything we'll contact the relevant authorities & see how many hoops we have to jump through.
Thanks again.
You are going to need at least 21 days notice (probably more currently while they check you are not some loony terrorist with some C4 strapped to a UAV :p)

Reactions: Lesmess
We factored in the 21 days notice period & assumed more. We had no intention of letting them rush us on this. If we do the job then we're going to do the job properly & clients will have to appreciate why these approvals are going to become more difficult.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07