Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK London Parks

Reaction score
Dear Forum,

I have just had my 1st inquiry as a PfCO holder and it's filming 3 events in 3 different parks in London. Is there anywhere that i can reference to and find out the rules for each park? I have been looking on both Skydemon (light) which i find pretty hard to use and www.noflydrones.co.uk but not sure the legitimacy of this.

Has anyone had experience flying in London parks?

Thanks

Dear Forum,

I have just had my 1st inquiry as a PfCO holder and it's filming 3 events in 3 different parks in London. Is there anywhere that i can reference to and find out the rules for each park? I have been looking on both Skydemon (light) which i find pretty hard to use and www.noflydrones.co.uk but not sure the legitimacy of this.

Has anyone had experience flying in London parks?

Thanks
Hi,

You will find that flying a UAV in any of the Royal Park in London is forbidden (although a couple have designated model aircraft areas) due to terrorism concerns and is subject to blanket no fly zone by order of CAA/Metropolitan Police counter terrorism unit.
The Royal Parks

If your events are going to be staged in any of those parks then you have a bit of an uphill struggle I'm afraid and you will need to get not only NATS approval but the Met Police will have to sign off any flights.

Would help if you can give the areas involved etc.

Sounds a nightmare. Let us know how you get on.

There must be a real market out there for people who can invent a device which gets around this red tape, I have seen a drone with a tether on recently which gets around all this red tape stuff as its classed as a kite, but it looks garbage, but if DJI could make something like that, it would sell so hard.

Greenwhich Park was one of them so i have told the client that this wouldn't be possible. The other 2 locations are Dorney Lake (part of the Olympic site) and a green area west of Twickenham stadium along the river that isn't a park at all so i think i should be fine on these

Ed has given you the starting points above. The link to gaining NATS approval is in your PfCO. Then Met Police. I've had to do a lot reading to piece together how to do this. What is your lead time?

Last edited:
I'll take your word for that but there shouldn't be any complications I wouldn't have thought. I've got enough time to get in contact with them

I believe you will find Dorney rowing lake is owned by Eton School.

For now, I've told the client that royal parks are off limits. They are quite conscious not to disrupt any of the organisation with the inclusion of drones so I think if I start complicating things it could be too much

Ed has given you the starting points above. The link to gaining NATS approval is in your PfCO. Then Met Police. I've had to do a lot reading to piece together how to do this. What is your lead time?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla