Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Long Exposure Photos

Another stunning photo, please tell us your settings. ;)
I think it was 100 ISO (it was on auto ) and of course f2.8. Shooting a single DNG. I could have done it with half a second exposure and 400 ISO, and have it look pretty much the same, but I wanted to test the limits.

I took about 5 photos, this was the only sharp one.

It took about 5 seconds for the copter to stabalize before I started shooting.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
OK many thanks, excellent. Sorry more questions. Did you lock the exposure? And would AEB shot work or just a single shot? Also would you ever use longer than a 2sec exposure, I see the I1 goes to 8", if so for what? Many thanks for any help. Cheers Mark

OK many thanks, excellent. Sorry more questions. Did you lock the exposure? And would AEB shot work or just a single shot? Also would you ever use longer than a 2sec exposure, I see the I1 goes to 8", if so for what? Many thanks for any help. Cheers Mark
No exposure lock. AEB would probably mean misaligned photos when doing night shots. if you were far enough away it could work. you can do 8sec exposure if there was no wind and you were really far away. The reason the 2sec exposure impressed me so much, is because I was so close the house. Only about 50' away.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I shot this tonight with my Inspire. 2 second exposure, 400ISO. I seriously can not believe how stable this craft and gimbal are! To be able to pull off a perfectly sharp 2 second exposure image from a uav is simply mind blowing. Has anyone else tried messing with longer exposure shots?

DJI_0166 by laselvasurf, on Flickr

For some reason my more sharper shots got deleted after touching them up... This is the only one I have of the shoot...

YEdarOc.jpg

Has anyone tried a long exposure timelapse. I can do exposure times of 1/30 of a second that are good but once I go slower than that the blur from the Inspire subtle movements makes even using Warp Stabilizer useless. Some people say use the spotlight pro feature to zero in on something so the gimbal will compensate for the movement making longer exposures possible. Has anyone tried this? I am going to try this tonight if I get a chance.

Thanks for your response.

The only thing I could take from that is get the gimbal out of follow mode and put it in Free mode. This make sense to me and I will try that. I basically am leaving the Inspire 2 in one place about 280ft in the air in follow mode. I do not touch the controls during the timelapse test. I think putting it in Free mode will remove the yaw linkage with the aircraft and give me a better chance at a longer exposure. I will try using Spotlight Pro as well. Thank you again for the info.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Impressive!Time for me to think about the I2.That ISO 400 is also unbelievable

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth