Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looking for bright strobe with built in battery

Reaction score
I found a place in the US that was selling a very bright white strobe with built in battery. It was round and had a dome but for the life of me I can not find the place. I'm sure it was a small side line business that a fellow had started. He also had 3D printed mounts for the Inspire. Anyone know the place I'm looking for?

I found a place in the US that was selling a very bright white strobe with built in battery. It was round and had a dome but for the life of me I can not find the place. I'm sure it was a small side line business that a fellow had started. He also had 3D printed mounts for the Inspire. Anyone know the place I'm looking for?
FlyHighUSA.com

I want one, as we have just been given the clearance for night flight in Australia. Big problem is shipping cost - $164! It cost me half that to ship some loudspeakers from the US, not something weighing a couple of ounces. They should look at the Post Office rather than UPS or DHL.

I want one, as we have just been given the clearance for night flight in Australia. Big problem is shipping cost - $164! It cost me half that to ship some loudspeakers from the US, not something weighing a couple of ounces. They should look at the Post Office rather than UPS or DHL.
Wow, I would suggest a small box with bubble wrap and send by regular air mail service.

I bought the Strobon Cree from Flytron at this link...

STROBON Cree® Standalone - Flytron

It was so inexpensive I bought two of them. Compatible with 107 Night waiver and shipping coming from the UK was totally reasonable. It's a standalone unit so no need to wire it into anything else.

Reactions: 2nd2non
I bought the Strobon Cree from Flytron at this link...

STROBON Cree[emoji768] Standalone - Flytron

It was so inexpensive I bought two of them. Compatible with 107 Night waiver and shipping coming from the UK was totally reasonable. It's a standalone unit so no need to wire it into anything else.

Ordered a white and red one also. I read about these somewhere, just can't recall. Hope it works well! Thanks for the tip

I love the Strobon Cree lights too. I got them from @msinger. Here is how I mounted mine, designed and 3D printed out of flexible PLA.

Any problems with reflections back into the lens?

I would love a set of mounts - any colour - before you get such a rush that you say NO MORE! :)
PM sent. No I haven't noticed any reflection back into the lens but I fly in Inspire 1 Pro that has a hood on the lens.

Thanks Aerial Pixel. I fly Inspire 1 Pro too, but lost the lens hood for the supplied 15mm lens (and DJI don't sell them separately). Anyway, my three other lenses don't have lens hoods included.

Thanks Aerial Pixel. I fly Inspire 1 Pro too, but lost the lens hood for the supplied 15mm lens (and DJI don't sell them separately). Anyway, my three other lenses don't have lens hoods included.
I mount them right by the back motors, I doubt you would ever see it there as they are far behind the camera there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell