Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looking for pilot certified by Transport Canada (Special Flight Operations Certificate) on Sep 23/24

Reaction score
A project I am involved in is looking for a drone pilot who can meet the following requirements:
  • Fly on September 24th and/or September 25h on Vancouver Island
  • Fully certified by Transport Canada; specifically, holds a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC)
  • Willing to donate time and pay own travel expenses.
First, if you don't hold an SFOC from Transport Canada, then you are not the pilot we are looking for. I am such a person; if this were not an absolute requirement, then I would be doing the flying.

Second, if you are in the "never do a job for free" camp, then this solicitation is not directed at you. And I would thank you in advance for skipping the "and nobody else should ever do a job for free" messages on this thread. Because I think everyone in the "never do a job for free" camp has at least one "well, except for that, which I would absolutely do for free" opportunity. You know what that is for yourself, but you don't know it for anybody else.

Third, I can't tell you what the project is, or who is behind it. But I can tell you that the person is quite well-known for their inspirational videos, with over 100 million views, and that this shoot is designed to get the closing shot for their next video.

And I can tell you that I love this person's videos so much that I would gladly pay my own expenses and do it for free, but can't because I am not certified in Canada.

If you are interested in doing this, please PM me. If you are interested only in finding out who it is, please don't PM me. I will update this post with details when they can be shared.

Reactions: Yiannis.B
A project I am involved in is looking for a drone pilot who can meet the following requirements:
  • Fly on September 24th and/or September 25h on Vancouver Island
  • Fully certified by Transport Canada; specifically, holds a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC)
  • Willing to donate time and pay own travel expenses.
First, if you don't hold an SFOC from Transport Canada, then you are not the pilot we are looking for. I am such a person; if this were not an absolute requirement, then I would be doing the flying.

Second, if you are in the "never do a job for free" camp, then this solicitation is not directed at you. And I would thank you in advance for skipping the "and nobody else should ever do a job for free" messages on this thread. Because I think everyone in the "never do a job for free" camp has at least one "well, except for that, which I would absolutely do for free" opportunity. You know what that is for yourself, but you don't know it for anybody else.

Third, I can't tell you what the project is, or who is behind it. But I can tell you that the person is quite well-known for their inspirational videos, with over 100 million views, and that this shoot is designed to get the closing shot for their next video.

And I can tell you that I love this person's videos so much that I would gladly pay my own expenses and do it for free, but can't because I am not certified in Canada.

If you are interested in doing this, please PM me. If you are interested only in finding out who it is, please don't PM me. I will update this post with details when they can be shared.

InterMurph,

You are not just asking someone to do this for free, instead you are asking them to pay out of their own pocket all expenses.

While you state you would be happy to do this at your own expense, you have an advantage none of the rest of us do. You know what this is for.

Since this well-known person is paying nothing for this shoot, I also assume that he or she is under no obligation to even use the final results.

You are asking quite a lot and I sincerely wish you luck, but I am not very optimistic. But who know, there may be someone that has the rare qualifications you are asking for, willing to give up profitable work to fly to Vancouver island and does not really care if his work is actually ever used.

In my experience, some one that thinks some one else's work has no value is a very poor client. Not because they are not willing to pay, but because they have such a low opinion of the work to be preformed.

My 2 cents worth, which BTW I am happy to provide for free.

InterMurph,

You are not just asking someone to do this for free, instead you are asking them to pay out of their own pocket all expenses.

While you state you would be happy to do this at your own expense, you have an advantage none of the rest of us do. You know what this is for.

Since this well-known person is paying nothing for this shoot, I also assume that he or she is under no obligation to even use the final results.

You are asking quite a lot and I sincerely wish you luck, but I am not very optimistic. But who know, there may be someone that has the rare qualifications you are asking for, willing to give up profitable work to fly to Vancouver island and does not really care if his work is actually ever used.

In my experience, some one that thinks some one else's work has no value is a very poor client. Not because they are not willing to pay, but because they have such a low opinion of the work to be preformed.

My 2 cents worth, which BTW I am happy to provide for free.
Thanks for saying it all. It saved me a lot of hate mail for my opinion. Im with you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44