Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looking for Some Mentoring in Performing Paid AP Work

Reaction score
Looking for some mentoring in paid (Aerial Photography) AP work or even starting a small business. Yeah, I can hear the sighs and see a bunch of eyes rolling.

I have a group of friends that are real estate developers and would like to hire me to do some AP of their various projects.

I know and realize I need to have a commercial drone pilot license from the FAA under Part 107. I'm currently studying for it and will take the test when it becomes available. I have experience with the business-end as I have had a business under an LLC.

Need assistance with things I've not considered, pricing, pitfalls, and "gotchas". Please PM me if you can assist!

TIA

Looking for some mentoring in paid (Aerial Photography) AP work or even starting a small business. Yeah, I can hear the sighs and see a bunch of eyes rolling.

I have a group of friends that are real estate developers and would like to hire me to do some AP of their various projects.

I know and realize I need to have a commercial drone pilot license from the FAA under Part 107. I'm currently studying for it and will take the test when it becomes available. I have experience with the business-end as I have had a business under an LLC.

Need assistance with things I've not considered, pricing, pitfalls, and "gotchas". Please PM me if you can assist!

TIA
Would help if you say where abouts you are located.
There maybe someone local willing to help out.

I was initially thinking mentoring via PM or email. Local is good too if not better but I thought someone local may be thinking I'd be "muscling in" on their territory...

Anyways, Metro-Denver

Reactions: SanCap

TIA
The testing starts 8/29. Make your appointment here. $150 for the feds.

TIA

I'm in the NYC area and would be happy to help if you're in this neck of the woods.
I have decent experience with RE developers and their most common photo and video requests.

Demian

Thanks DamesNY!

I'm going to wait till the middle of September to hear back what areas I really need to focus on studying before I take the test. I've gone to the FAA site and went through what they had up including the sample test. The hard part was what I'll call the "map reading" part. I need to study up in that area...

The owner of the shop where I bought my Inspire from was telling me all the business opportunities that will be available or is available to a "licensed" UAS pilot.

As stated in my OP, I'm in it to help some friends and maybe turn a buck or two to pay for future upgrades or defray the cost of my current bird!

Thanks DamesNY!

I'm going to wait till the middle of September to hear back what areas I really need to focus on studying before I take the test. I've gone to the FAA site and went through what they had up including the sample test. The hard part was what I'll call the "map reading" part. I need to study up in that area...

The owner of the shop where I bought my Inspire from was telling me all the business opportunities that will be available or is available to a "licensed" UAS pilot.

As stated in my OP, I'm in it to help some friends and maybe turn a buck or two to pay for future upgrades or defray the cost of my current bird!

Great! Where are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait WAIT on taking the test. I am a flight instructor at the UVX University. The FAA and Drone Industry Associations are already changing the study guide and test questions
As fro "everybody" going to "muscle in" and get a 107 License. Have you seen he current study guides, its not easy at all, you actually have to know almost the same airspace regulations as a pilot. "just say'n'

Wait WAIT on taking the test. I am a flight instructor at the UVX University. The FAA and Drone Industry Associations are already changing the study guide and test questions
As fro "everybody" going to "muscle in" and get a 107 License. Have you seen he current study guides, its not easy at all, you actually have to know almost the same airspace regulations as a pilot. "just say'n'

"Have you seen the current study guides, its not easy at all, you actually have to know almost the same airspace regulations as a pilot."
Agree. It is not supposed to be easy. A thorough study of the PHAK will do the job. I am taking an online course to refresh my memory as it has been years since my last ground school. The Remote Pilot Certificate exam will look like just a private pilot exam with a few Part 107 questions thrown in. Am scheduled to take the test 8/29.

Every kid with a Phantom is going to be advertising aerial photography. Glad I got a head start with my 333 last year, lined up a few regular customers...
Most dont even know how to use a camera so not much of a threat. People pay for their images. Its not about the drone. my drones are just extra high tripods to get me different shots. Its pretty well accepted the new laws won't go through in Australia anyway. Its sheer madness to allow those unlicensed to fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool