Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Looks like spare E800 props hit the DJI store

Well, one thing that comes to mind is that you would also be eliminating the need for the prop locks as well as the eliminating the potential of accidentally forgetting to install one and have a prop spin off. Just one less thing on your pre-flight checklist to worry about.

Also, since the E800 kit is more of a cross platform propulsion concept, the availability of DJI having an excess of props seems more possible (and in my opinion, logical) since the threaded prop for the Inspire is so specific to just that setup. The potential added availability of spare props alone would be worth making the conversion.

Again, this is all just opinion/speculation on my part.
So no need for prop locks as with the original props? NICE! Are these new props as safe as the original with the prop locks? Excuse the questions. I'm a rookie!

I received my 8 props with white tips (e800)yesterday from Dji and just ordered 2 of the
Ф22 Quick Release Rotor Adapter(CW&CCW) as now they are in Stock

Reactions: The_0perator
Just ordered mine, do you know if the quick release props are ccw or cw or is there one type of prop?

Does this explains why DJI isn't selling replacement props (original Inspire 1 screw ons). Does this mean that if you want replacement props you need to buy a new quick release? Sorry - that sounds really negative but I don't understand DJI's position here. I mean, there's a shortage (no chance in hell of purchasing a set of consumables) of replacement propellers and instead of releasing replacement propellers (which I consider consumables) they announce a new propeller product to replace the original? I really hope that's not where DJI is going here.

Okay - Sound like I'm whining. Sorry.

Off to fly !!!

-David

I'm confused, which is normal for me, about how many to order. Anybody know? uploadfromtaptalk1427207433987.png
Edit: decided to go ahead and order 4 tabs and 2 sets of props, order being processed so looks like everything is in stock now

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
Lol its like talking to a bot. With predetermined answers.. Impressive.

So, there are lots of carbon fiber props avail online for dji inspire. but the original ones that came with it seem to be plastic. this has worked great when the props snap in case of contacting an object..it seems the plastic breaks and saves motor. was wondering if the carbon fiber props do the same thing...break in case of contact...because i would rather replace props instead of something more expensive. i would like to purchase original plastic ones, but they are not as readily available. so just wondering what yall thought, thanks!

So are we to believe that these are the new props and will become standard with the Inspire1when shipped in the future?

The adaptors aren't available in my country (UK). That's rather annoying. I can buy the props but not the adaptor plates.
Someone slap DJI.

At least DJI is sending us the new props and adaptors now free of charge by mid April

Enjoy life and be nice

Last edited:
I'm sure they will be with dealers in the UK before long. My Inspire flies just fine at the moment with the stock props so it's not as if it's going to suddenly fall out of the sky just because new props are released.

Reactions: PetePerrim
OK.... Call we weird (lots of people do) but..... I kind of like the extra security prop locks give you.

Whenever I have designed and built all my multirotors I have always tried to build in a level of redundancy - This is the reason I love hex's over quads since if you lose a prop, esc or motor on a hex, it still flies and is still controllable (assuming your FC has the algorithms and logic to do this). I also install dual power bus rails from my power distribution board and always run dual packs so that if one battery goes down, again, I am still able to control the craft and bring it back home.

Now, with a quad, you do not have that luxury.... if you lose a prop, esc or motor your craft does a very graceful impression of a house brick and reaches terminal velocity quickly and then buries itself in the ground :eek: (Yes, yes... I know TED has some clever software that will keep their quads airborne but the Inspire doesn't)
Sooooo...... with the existing prop locks, we have the security of the thread of the prop/shaft AND the additional security of the lock. This means, if the thread strips out, in theory, the Inspire would still hang onto all of its props and you could bring it back (it might fly a little strange which would alert you to something wrong). If you lost a prop lock on flight - again, assuming you had tightened your props properly you would be OK - Redundancy!!

However - the new wonder F1 pit stop 3.147 second fast change props are held on by a.....spring!

Please someone tell me I'm wrong and there is ALSO a thread and not just a bayonet style fitting tensioned by a spring

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo