Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Losing Camera Picture After 70 meters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andy Mason, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy Mason

Hello All

A firstly post for me and a newbie in terms of quad flying. I recently purchased a P3S and flown this on six occasions, and my initial impressions are fantastic and really impressed on how easy it is to fly. However I have one issue.. at around 70 meters I am losing the picture to my IPhone (6) and last night I tried my Ipad but alas the same result. One thing to note is that I have full control as far as I dare to go and fly, estimate around 200 meters before I lose sight of the quad with the picture coming back, again, around the 70 meter mark. To add to the confusion, and it doesn't take a lot,The camera is recording crystal clear images to the SD card all of the time.

I have made a windsurfer out of card and foil from a template that I found on the web but again no picture after 70 meters. All software is up to date and I am really in need of some assistance here as this is spoiling my enjoyment.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do to get this fixed?

2. IrishSights

You might get more of a response from PhantomPilots.com as this is an Inspire forum.

3. Andy Mason

Thanks Irish

Told you I was a newbie... I don't even know what I am flying!

The Editor likes this.
  4. unyks

As long as you are sure you didn't bought an RC car all is good ;-)

Chris

5. ATU

ATU

I believe the P3S is running on wifi for the Live View from the camera. In urban built-up areas with high density of wifi around, it is not surprising that the video feed will drop out in a much shorter distance.

6. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

I will lock this one guys as we have a dedicated Phantom forum with lots of help and friendly people over there.
    Let's keep this Inspire based. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.