Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

lost link with RC after 1.6.0 update

Reaction score
Website
www.julianfilms.com
I just updated the rC firmware to 1.6.0 and now i get a permanent flashing yellow on the Inspire pro x5 and though I have a green light on the RC and see the camera image, the app says RC signal lost and I have no control over the Inspire! I have re linked and it says I am linked. All was perfect befor updating rc firmware. I am on the latest firmware for craft and camera and app. HELP!

I just updated the rC firmware to 1.6.0 and now i get a permanent flashing yellow on the Inspire pro x5 and though I have a green light on the RC and see the camera image, the app says RC signal lost and I have no control over the Inspire! I have re linked and it says I am linked. All was perfect befor updating rc firmware. I am on the latest firmware for craft and camera and app. HELP!
What version of aircraft firmware do you have installed? Updating the RC without have the aircraft at 1.8.1.0 will lock you out due to changes in encryption between the RC and aircraft. There is a clear warning in the release notes on the DJI website. Search for other threads covering this issue.

What version of aircraft firmware do you have installed? Updating the RC without have the aircraft at 1.8.1.0 will lock you out due to changes in encryption between the RC and aircraft. There is a clear warning in the release notes on the DJI website. Search for other threads covering this issue.

First of all THANKS for writing! I believe my craft was at the latest firmware but maybe i am wrong! It was definitely not the 1.8.1.0 you mention. Does that mean the aircraft firmware 1.8.1.0 that is on the Inspire 1 page is what I should have downloaded first? I thought the Inspire 1 pro x5 was adifferent download page and I was up to date. If this is the issue, how do I downgrade the RC or fix the issue?!

First of all THANKS for writing! I believe my craft was at the latest firmware but maybe i am wrong! It was definitely not the 1.8.1.0 you mention. Does that mean the aircraft firmware 1.8.1.0 that is on the Inspire 1 page is what I should have downloaded first? I thought the Inspire 1 pro x5 was adifferent download page and I was up to date. If this is the issue, how do I downgrade the RC or fix the issue?!
I am afraid so. The Inspire 1/1Pro 1.8.1.0 MUST be installed before the RC 1.6.0. There have been 2 further X5/Pro updates (1.8.1.20 & 1.8.1.40) issued for the X5 RAW camera. See http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1-pro-and-raw/info#downloads

I don't know. There are other threads where this issue has been discussed in detail - use search. Do you have a second RC that you haven't updated? This could be used to ensure the aircraft is brought to required standard. You may need to speak to DJI support.

I am in same sitution. Will give DJI a call on Monday.
Thanks for your information guys.

Question on this issue: when i insert the micro card in the camera gimbal it doesn't even update the AC. Looks like it doesn't read the card.. Is that arelated issue due to the rc firmare being updated before the ac? Knowing the rc is off, how can it be affecting the ac?

Question on this issue: when i insert the micro card in the camera gimbal it doesn't even update the AC. Looks like it doesn't read the card.. Is that arelated issue due to the rc firmare being updated before the ac? Knowing the rc is off, how can it be affecting the ac?
ok, here is how I fixed my issue. I updated the RC to 1.6.0 before doing the AC. I had to downgrade the RC back to the previous firmware before I could then upgrade the AC and then upgrade the RC again to 1.6.0. To downgrade the RC you log onto the dji go app and on one of the intro pages you see the mortar board hat icon in the top right corner...you hold that down for a few seconds, then you are taken to a page offering a downgrade. Downgrade. Then upgrade the AC. Then upgrade the RC again. Of course only upgrade the AC with the RC off. ....and also upgrade the RC with the AC off.

Hey Mate.... Thanks a million. I followed your instructions and this fixed all the problems. The firmware updated and the connection between AC/RC just worked perfectly.

I think DJI should indicate the update process very clearly, upfront and as a Important Warning to users so we don't have to go through all this ordeal to start enjoying this "expensive toy"..

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb