Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Low Battery Warning Recommendation?

Reaction score
I just picked up an Inspire 1 and I'm looking for recommendations on what everyone is using for the "Low Battery Warning" with the TB48 batteries. I'm looking to maximize flight time without destroying the batteries. I'm thinking about 20%- 25% does anyone see any issues with this?

Low warning at 26% critical at 10% but down and safe on deck at 20%
Setting the low warning at circa 26-27% will give you around 2 minutes before you get to 20%.

I have mine set at 25% warning and 10% critical.

If you're at 10-15% and not in the process of landing already, I'd say you're really cutting it close.

Reactions: Bryan Conover
Thanks guys. I went with 25% for the warning. Seems to give me enough time to get back and be back on the ground around 18%.

My TB48s and TB47 all have displayed the percentage drop from mid 20's down to single figures in seconds.
For this reason alone I keep the warning at 30% and operate in a manner which has the inspire on the deck at 30%.
I don't trust any of the battery telemetry once it reaches the 20's.

Yes, I cycle my batteries as per the DJI advisory procedure.

I do 30% and 10%...I had a (30cycle) TB48 battery go critical at 20% a few weeks back. I was only 3 feet from landing but it fell like a rock and no throttle up made a difference. It was coming down. Really begs the question of how it would have played out at 200 feet In the air. I deep cycled the battery gaining 200mah and am yet to test below 20%.

Do u fullycharges ur battery ? And check ur individual cell. Are they all same ?

Be very careful with the TB48's. We do not use them any more. We have lost an aircraft and had several close calls with battery levels going from 50% to 5% in seconds. Low batt warning did not help in these circumstances.

Do u fullycharges ur battery ? And check ur individual cell. Are they all same ?
It was not fully charged and I do not recall the status of previous charge session. I know if it goes in to discharge mode before a flight it's really bad.

Be very careful with the TB48's. We do not use them any more. We have lost an aircraft and had several close calls with battery levels going from 50% to 5% in seconds. Low batt warning did not help in these circumstances.
Thanks for the feedback

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell