Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Lower Manhattan (NYC) shot with my Inspire 1

Love me some Nas.
Awesome video, leaves the viewer wanting to see more. More variety of shots will only help

Admittedly I am a novice when it comes to editing and color correction so please be gentle in the comments section...lol. Enyoy!

Nice job. I am visiting the area next month from the west coast and I have been contemplating whether or not to bring my inspire. Did you have any concerns flying in the area? Could you suggest an area where I could take off from that would minimize the crowd. Any other tips would be helpful. Thank you

Be careful flying close to Manhattan. There are a huge amounts of helicopters that fly around the area for sightseeing and business. Also, 3 airports in the vicinity (JFK, Laguardia and Newark). Granted depending where you are they are probably 5 miles away from Manhattan but I wouldn't take the risk

Nice job. I am visiting the area next month from the west coast and I have been contemplating whether or not to bring my inspire. Did you have any concerns flying in the area? Could you suggest an area where I could take off from that would minimize the crowd. Any other tips would be helpful. Thank you

NewYes Sanderx is absolutely correct about the helicopters. There will be many of them (I had to bring my I1 down a couple of times). One of the days I was flying, 3 Ospreys (military plane/helicopter) came out of nowhere and landed at Battery Park. I flew from Brooklyn Park and Battery Park. I tried to find areas where there weren't many people and I also made it a point to stay over water for the most part. Both of these parks were not in any of the surrounding no-fly zones nor is most of Lower Manhattan. I've also heard of people flying from the Jersey side of the Hudson River.

NewYes Sanderx is absolutely correct about the helicopters. There will be many of them (I had to bring my I1 down a couple of times). One of the days I was flying, 3 Ospreys (military plane/helicopter) came out of nowhere and landed at Battery Park. I flew from Brooklyn Park and Battery Park. I tried to find areas where there weren't many people and I also made it a point to stay over water for the most part. Both of these parks were not in any of the surrounding no-fly zones nor is most of Lower Manhattan. I've also heard of people flying from the Jersey side of the Hudson River.
Most of Brooklyn Park is under construction right now so it's a good place to go. I found a little alcove directly to the left of the Manhattan Bridge (facing Manhattan).

Thanks for the heads up and the advice. I really appreciate it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44