Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

LTE-U 2.4/5Ghz Spoiling Our Fun?

Tim

Reaction score
Website
aerial.crystalmark.co.uk
Does anyone more knowledgeable than me think that the proposed LTE-U signals will shorten the range of remote craft?

Both LTE-U and our I1s use 2.4GHz and 5Ghz and there have already been warnings about wifi range not as good in LTE-U broadcast trail areas.

I don't fly outside of the UK regulated 500m/400ft limits but I'd like to think that the signal is not having to fight with huge transmitters while my shiny and expensive x5r (eventually) is hanging in the air.

Does anyone more knowledgeable than me think that the proposed LTE-U signals will shorten the range of remote craft?

Both LTE-U and our I1s use 2.4GHz and 5Ghz and there have already been warnings about wifi range not as good in LTE-U broadcast trail areas.

I don't fly outside of the UK regulated 500m/400ft limits but I'd like to think that the signal is not having to fight with huge transmitters while my shiny and expensive x5r (eventually) is hanging in the air.
Isn't cellular LTE-U restricted to 5ghz and not 2.4ghz - I might be wrong though on that one but my understanding is/was that the offload would be to 5ghz which would not really affect the Inspire since all control and data is via 2.4ghz (soon to have new encryption) anyway.
Only the link between remotes for a two TX set up utilises a 5.8ghz short range link.

Isn't cellular LTE-U restricted to 5ghz and not 2.4ghz - I might be wrong though on that one but my understanding is/was that the offload would be to 5ghz which would not really affect the Inspire since all control and data is via 2.4ghz (soon to have new encryption) anyway.
Only the link between remotes for a two TX set up utilises a 5.8ghz short range link.
That sounds about right. I hope you are right and 2.4ghz is only marginally effected. Time will time no doubt....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG