Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Main Controller Data Error

I have the SD card installed and the SSD removed. I have tried different combos of refreshing, powering on with cards in and out. Before, when I would refresh on the older assistant, I would get a few power cycles before the Error happened. Now, it is instant.

Are you on pc or Mac? And do you know how to enable display of hidden files on your computer?

If you do, then enable then and look at the microSD card - you should be able to browse it and find a hidden log folder, inside that folder should be a text file, and that text file should give some details of the update stages it's worked though, and the status of each.

I am on a MAC. I have hidden files enabled. I don't see anything there on the SD card.

OK. I didn't have hidden files enabled. I do now. But there is nothing I can read in there. No text files.

If you don't see any grey folders on the card then you've not got the files enabled.

Open terminal, and then enter the following (but not while you're doing a firmware install!):

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

That will enable hidden folders and restart the finder for you (to reverse it, do the same again but change true to false and killall again.)

You should then be able to see an increased folder structure in the finder window for the root of the microSD card. I haven't a card to hand, but if you look thru the folders there should be one called log, and inside that should be a text file with the update results. Iirc it has a cumulative log showing the updates done, so the latest will be at the end of the file. In among the entries in there you should hopefully see something to give you a clue as to what is failing to update. If it says everything is ok, then that's about as far as I can take you at the minute :(

(Sorry-about to lose power & connection for the night, hope something can get you fixed up, good luck!)

Woke up this morning. Deleted assistant. Downloaded it again. Did a refresh and it downloaded a new firmware (as expected). Flashed it, and on the first power cycle (which I am on now) NO DATA ERROR.

However, after a few more it may be back. I will update throughout the day. Perhaps I will let this run for about 20 minutes and see if the error happens on the first power up.

I'm having a similar problem with my I2, did the firmware update and now the arm fixed in the up position after my last flight. Even the manual control of the landing gear would not function properly. I had to emergency land in a soft place. The drone was basically out of control. I didn't have the gamble attached as the drone was acting erratically so I thought it was best to leave it off. I'm super lucky as the I2 would not hover in a stable position. i'm getting an error message in the picture. This is my second DJI, I have over 1000 hours on my mavic without and issue. The I2 has flawed since I took it out of the box. First the Props issues now this!

Attachments

• IMG_8505.PNG
    IMG_8505.PNG
    137.6 KB · Views: 13
Has it put any log files on the SD card with today's updates?

Unfortunately, if it's persisting to this extent, I can't see anyone outside of DJI or one of their repairer-dealers being able to help you out. I think we've probably pretty much exhausted the things for you to try that we know about :(

No. The LOG hidden folder is empty on the SD card. Man... this is so disappointing. This will be the second new DJI product I have shipped in in two months. My M600 being the first.

I'm having a similar problem with my I2, did the firmware update and now the arm fixed in the up position after my last flight. Even the manual control of the landing gear would not function properly. I had to emergency land in a soft place. The drone was basically out of control. I didn't have the gamble attached as the drone was acting erratically so I thought it was best to leave it off. I'm super lucky as the I2 would not hover in a stable position. i'm getting an error message in the picture. This is my second DJI, I have over 1000 hours on my mavic without and issue. The I2 has flawed since I took it out of the box. First the Props issues now this!
Anyone know what the air encoder error relates to?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan