Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Major 1.3 Firmware Issue? This could be proof

Reaction score
So VERY long story short I had a P3P fly away one Sunday and the following Sunday my Inspire 1 flew into a rock after take-off (3rd flight at the same location, simply a battery change). That being said I blew up on DJI and they repaired my Inspire 1 with a 7 day turnaround time. My Inspire 1 had been loaded with V1.3 PRIOR to being shipped in (was running v1.2.1.06 during crash).

I got it back and was told all parts were fixed along with the "software upgraded", I go to fly it today and my batteries say "upgrade required", well, guess what, my Inspire now has v1.2.1.06 on it. So, I'm not saying I can definitively say anything BUT wouldn't you say its a BIT of an indication that my copter came back from the manufacturer with older firmware than the most current? Also at this point how does one "upgrade" batteries firmware to an older version????

Discuss.

Why did you upgrade your firmware after you crashed it and before you sent it in?

To answer you main question, I don't think it's a big deal the copter came back with the old firmware.

Crash was not substantial enough to stop flights, I cleaned the motors (crashed in sand) and decided to try a test flight on the new firmware prior to shipping it out. It went smoothly. My entire reason for sending it in was to ensure reliability, when two of their top selling models malfunction in one weeks time you have to start questioning things.

Yes IMU's were checked, compasses calibrated and the whole 9 yards. This wasn't pilot error

I guess it could be seen as "not a big deal", but why in the world would the manufacturer specifically mention "upgrading the software" and spending the time/labor to roll back firmware? No business I know of would do that barring an issue with the current firmware, it just doesn't make a bit of sense

Got mine back from DJI after repairs and I could not load Firmware v1.3. Said it couldn't downgrade. Updated controllers fine, but App says AC, Camera and Batteries need updating.

So DJI said:

"As your aircraft has been repaired before, and after the repair, our repair team has helped you upgrade the aircraft to the latest firmware version.
As the firmware version(V01.03.00.04) used by us is different from the firmware version(V01.03.00.00) you download from the website. (Just the number is different, the upgrade contents are the same).

It is safe to use the inspire 1 as the inspire 1 has already with the latest firmware.
We will fix the bug in the next firmware.

In conclusion, your inspire 1 is safe to use and please ignore the upgrade require message in the APP."

Still in the process of trying to sort this out...

So VERY long story short I had a P3P fly away one Sunday and the following Sunday my Inspire 1 flew into a rock after take-off (3rd flight at the same location, simply a battery change). That being said I blew up on DJI and they repaired my Inspire 1 with a 7 day turnaround time. My Inspire 1 had been loaded with V1.3 PRIOR to being shipped in (was running v1.2.1.06 during crash).

I got it back and was told all parts were fixed along with the "software upgraded", I go to fly it today and my batteries say "upgrade required", well, guess what, my Inspire now has v1.2.1.06 on it. So, I'm not saying I can definitively say anything BUT wouldn't you say its a BIT of an indication that my copter came back from the manufacturer with older firmware than the most current? Also at this point how does one "upgrade" batteries firmware to an older version????

Discuss.
So - Perhaps you could tell us more surrounding your two crashes within the space of a week on two separate platforms which were not attributable to pilot error?

Discussing

I have also moved this post to 'General Discussion' (since we are discussing and it isn't 'News')

Discuss.
How can this be the proof of a major firmware issue with v. 1.3 if you updated to that version "after" crash?

Reactions: Kilrah

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk