Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Major vibration

Wow. So how is it accounted for that not all inspires have the problem, I wonder. Some were tight enough to begin with? Some were fixed or even fixed by a recall when there was a delay to market? Some didn't get fixed before shipping? I wonder. But that right there is cause for a recall for fixing. How wide spread is an unknown.
The same reason for most of their problems. ..Quality Control. ..haha...

This is also why even though I want to grab one now that may be in stock, I can't help feeling that waiting for the third batch, these things might be tweaked in the build and you have a better chance of getting a better build...with prop locks too.

I think you are right - the longer you wait the improvements will be incorporated. However for the improvements to be incorporated the Inspire1 needs to be put through its paces. A bit of a chicken and egg situation. If nobody bought the early version then we wouldn't find the issues for subsequent versions to improve. This is a very complex piece of equipment that incorporates state of the art technology, software and a radical new design which all have to be incorporated into the budget and profitability.

[Quote = "inspired1, post: 3226, medlem: 17566"] Jeg har hatt min inspirere i en uke i dag. Jeg har logget over 25 fly, og jeg må si jeg er veldig fornøyd med det. I går ettermiddag på min tredje fly av dagen var det en meget sterk vibrasjon ved første take off. Vibrasjonen var veldig sterk i gear ned og gir opp under transformasjon vibrasjonen utsvevende helt. Jeg landet for å sjekke rekvisitter og kontrollere at alt var fint og stramt. Jeg tok av igjen vibrasjonen var fortsatt der jeg fløy hundre meter eller så om fast deretter tok av og vibrasjon gikk bort. Jeg tok det til min forhandler i dag å ha dem ta en titt på den. De sa at de opplever vibrasjoner med sine Inspire så vel fra dag én. De tilbakestille mine gevinster tilbake til fabrikkinnstillingene gjorde en avansert kalibrering og tok av og landet et par ganger. Den første tar av vibrasjonen var betydelig, påfølgende takeoff og landing er vibrasjonen utsvevende og deretter gikk helt bort. Deres analyse er basert på erfaring med deres Inspire er at motorer og ESC behov for å varme opp.
Jeg ønsker å vite har noen opplevd vibrasjoner med sin inspirere til enhver tid? Som jeg sa før jeg har flydd den over 25 ganger uten en eneste vibrasjon. Enhver tilbakemelding vil bli verdsatt! [/ Quote]

Tighten the screw, it was the nued I did, had the same problem. or you can send it in that and be without inspire in 3 months. I had chosen the first option. tighten the screw itself.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I ultimately fixed my Inspire (the one in the video). The problem is not the bolts as I had originally thought based on other video posts. The problem is poorly fitting bushings inside the T-connector joining the motor arm with the H-cross bar.

If you open up the T-connector you will find two bushings that should fit tightly around the motor arm. The bushings are not solid O's, they are C-bushings that are designed to compress to fit. The problem is that the recesses in the T-connector cover are too deep and do not apply enough pressure on the bushings to cause them to compress. On the bushings you will find small rubber strips. I cut small plastic strips of the same size from approximately 10mil plastic and put them on top of the rubber strips. Alternatively, you can replace the rubber strips with thicker rubber (like tire inner tube) This provided enough compression to fit the bushings.

Now, I can hold the Inspire by one arm and shake and there is absolutely no play or rattle whatsoever (and the oscillation is gone).

One word of caution, be sure you remove the connection to the thin stabilizer tube and test the compressed fitting to make sure the motor arm still rotates easily. If you lock this connection up you might fry the transformation motor.

Thanks mucho for this...I did exactly this and fixed the problem like a charm. I appreciate your willingness to take a risk and crack it open

Reactions: Jacob Scordilis
Thanks for the info Mr Suggs..

I did the same on the right arm and after one flight I am only noticing vibration during the transition. Very pleased with the results and ease of the procedure!

Any ideas how to eliminate the trembling during transformation, or is that expected? Should I do the same to the other arm just to keep things symetrical?

There wasn't a seal on mine. Some do some don't and apparently the ones that do are so flimsy that they aren't recognised anyway.. Don't quote me on that, just what I read!

I ultimately fixed my Inspire (the one in the video). The problem is not the bolts as I had originally thought based on other video posts. The problem is poorly fitting bushings inside the T-connector joining the motor arm with the H-cross bar.

If you open up the T-connector you will find two bushings that should fit tightly around the motor arm. The bushings are not solid O's, they are C-bushings that are designed to compress to fit. The problem is that the recesses in the T-connector cover are too deep and do not apply enough pressure on the bushings to cause them to compress. On the bushings you will find small rubber strips. I cut small plastic strips of the same size from approximately 10mil plastic and put them on top of the rubber strips. Alternatively, you can replace the rubber strips with thicker rubber (like tire inner tube) This provided enough compression to fit the bushings.

Now, I can hold the Inspire by one arm and shake and there is absolutely no play or rattle whatsoever (and the oscillation is gone).

One word of caution, be sure you remove the connection to the thin stabilizer tube and test the compressed fitting to make sure the motor arm still rotates easily. If you lock this connection up you might fry the transformation motor.

Could you please elaborate on the caution "remove the connection to the thin stabilizer tube".
Do you have a pic of this connection? Thx.

Could you please elaborate on the caution "remove the connection to the thin stabilizer tube".
Do you have a pic of this connection? Thx.
I had to experiment to find the right thickness for the shims I inserted. The first set I tried almost completely locked up the joint, which is why I recommend disconnecting the stabilizer bar and testing the joint by hand. I have included more specific instructions below. The answer to your question is in step 4.

Cheers

Attachments

• Step 1.JPG
    Step 1.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 614
  • Step 2a.JPG
    Step 2a.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 586
  • Step 2b.JPG
    Step 2b.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 595
  • Step 3.JPG
    Step 3.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 586
  • Step 4.JPG
    Step 4.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 596
I had to experiment to find the right thickness for the shims I inserted. The first set I tried almost completely locked up the joint, which is why I recommend disconnecting the stabilizer bar and testing the joint by hand. I have included more specific instructions below. The answer to your question is in step 4.

Cheers
Perfect! Thank You for taking the time to do this. It's likely that all I1s, including mine, will eventually require this adjustment until DJI address this from the factory on future production.

Last edited:
I did experience major vibration for about three or four flights out of 45 total. The vibration just went away by itself without making any adjustments, mods or tightening the nuts. I have flown it probably a dozen times after I first noticed the vibration and it simply just went away after the three or four flights I had with the vibration. Maybe after several sequences of extending and retracting the landing gear things just fell into place. Don't really have an explanation as to why. I just wanted post my experience.

I started a thread on the DJI Forum for this problem. Please report it there so DJI can understand the scope of it.
Hey Koptervision. .so you're saying that dji isn't aware many people are having vibration issues on the inspire 1?? Retoricle question woodcock. .
I suggest dji putting out a service and repair manuel giving the necessary specifications machanical people could use to address this issue instead of sending it in to the factory for at least a month..
they will eventually get overcome by loads of inspire1's if they don't allow the people who feel comfortable servicing the own machines to do so without voiding the warranty. ..
Also since I noticed many posts being blocked or erased on the dji website I stop using it..I my opinion there's no need for that and they would be better off being a little more transparent to their customers ..then they would have less people mad at them and they wouldn't have much negitive stuff to erase. .
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5884&extra=page=1&lang=en

Thanks Colin
Hey Koptervision..so you're implying that dji isn't aware of this issue? ? I think they should put out a technical service and repair manuel regarding the arms..
they say to send it in ,but not everyone wants to wait a month or more to have it serviced when many of us feel capable of servicing our inspire1's our selves. .
something weird happened when I posted this..not sure what ,but this is just half of my post and I'm sure most of you are dieing to read all of it..

You mean #16? It refers to the arm joints being loose NOT the vibration problem. And it's that problem I think DJI needs to come clean on.
#16 is not in the version of the manual I downloaded when I got my Inspire (Jan 8). I just re-downloaded the manual and #16 is there. What's interesting is that that DJI did not change the manual date or version number. The download site on DJI.com still says 2014-12-31 v1.0. I had been relying on those dates so that I know when to download new manuals. Anyway, when I reported the problem to DJI Jan 9, they said they had never heard of this problem before. The fact that they updated the manual suggest that are responding a little bit.

Reactions: Dennis

Cheers

I used layers of electrical tape as the shim and just kept adding layers until the play was gone but, per Rob's suggestion, the motor arm could still move freely by hand with the control arm removed (not sure why but I didn't remove the warranty sticker, just poked a hole in it to get the screwed out that was hiding behind it...like that'll help the warranty...ha.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah