Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Managing Photos During Mission

Reaction score
As I prepare for a multi panoramic job tomorrow, I am trying to find a way to be able to keep a log of which images belong to which part of the project.

Example: I shoot 12 panoramas on teh same location at different altitiudes. Later those images will pretty much look quite similar.

Where is the image log displayed so that I can make a note during the project that, for example, image 1-40 belongs to shoot A, 41-80 shoot B, 81 - 120 shoot C etc etc...

When I get home with 1000 images, its going to be confusing to try and organise them correctly.

Any tips?

Thanks

As I prepare for a multi panoramic job tomorrow, I am trying to find a way to be able to keep a log of which images belong to which part of the project.

Example: I shoot 12 panoramas on teh same location at different altitiudes. Later those images will pretty much look quite similar.

Where is the image log displayed so that I can make a note during the project that, for example, image 1-40 belongs to shoot A, 41-80 shoot B, 81 - 120 shoot C etc etc...

When I get home with 1000 images, its going to be confusing to try and organise them correctly.

Any tips?

Thanks
Pen and paper is the easiest way I find.

I was referring to the actual image numbers. Where can these be viewed without landing and removing the SD card?

So If my first flight is at 100m and then 70m I dont really want to land, download the images, write the DJI0001.jog - DJI0040.jpg etc, take off and go back to teh second location.

I need to be able to know from the app what the current image number is.

Hope I am making myself clear!

I was referring to the actual image numbers. Where can these be viewed without landing and removing the SD card?

So If my first flight is at 100m and then 70m I dont really want to land, download the images, write the DJI0001.jog - DJI0040.jpg etc, take off and go back to teh second location.

I need to be able to know from the app what the current image number is.

Hope I am making myself clear!
There is no way to do that from the ground unfortunately.
You can either:
Set your file numbering in the app to 'Reset' which will mean each time you start taking pictures it will start from 0000.DNG/jpg or if you have it set on 'Continuous' you just need to take a note of the last photo you downloaded from the card.
Then it will be sequential after that.
You can actually make up a spreadsheet and pre number the cells. Then fill it in as you go on the ground.
Unfortunately within the Go App it's a manual process (but manageable)

Another way I have used in past was if I was taking pics and need to mark one for later, I'd take a quick (2-3sec) video after it, as a marker, or vice versa for video markers take a pic between for separators. Then later go through files and pull as required.

I use Adobe Lightroom where you can find the option "map "at the top.From there you will be shown a Google map where you can see where and when a photo is taken.
Another idea is make 10 photo's and make another 10 photos so you know that every ten photo's is coming from a certain point.
Good luck

Keep it small and simple: Write down the time when a new Session begins...

Chris

The easiest thing for me, is to take one shot totally over exposed between sets. That'll separate them for you

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla