Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mandatory Firmware Update?

Reaction score
I've searched the forums as best as I could but I couldn't find anything on mandatory updates.

Background: I have multiple i1's and I use one unit for a single job once a month. That particular unit works flawlessly each and every time. I do not want to risk messing anything up so I've decided not to update the firmware for that particular aircraft and never update the app in the app store either. (I have dedicated iPad's for each of my birds)

Question: When will DJI not allow me to fly because of a mandatory update? Last thing I want to do is go out to a job and not be able to initiate the rotors because of a mandatory update.

Can anyone share some knowledge on this subject please? Thanks!

I've searched the forums as best as I could but I couldn't find anything on mandatory updates.

Background: I have multiple i1's and I use one unit for a single job once a month. That particular unit works flawlessly each and every time. I do not want to risk messing anything up so I've decided not to update the firmware for that particular aircraft and never update the app in the app store either. (I have dedicated iPad's for each of my birds)

Question: When will DJI not allow me to fly because of a mandatory update? Last thing I want to do is go out to a job and not be able to initiate the rotors because of a mandatory update.

The last mandatory firmware update was issued in Apr/May shortly after I got my I1. I can't remember the version number, but it contained a number of flight handling improvements. None of the recent ones have fallen into this category. The only way not to receive such warnings is not to connect your App to the internet when it is connected to the aircraft. There are some untrusting souls out there who plan to stick there working set up but they will miss out on current and future improvements.

Checking my records I believe the last mandatory firmware was 1.2.0.17.

Too Beep, or Not to Beep lol.. That was the dreaded firmware troublemaker .17[emoji15]!! Never Forget lol.. Memory serves me correct as you have stated it was Mandatory, and Survived as well[emoji6]!

yep..and probably a distance limitation set by DJI..No more transatlantic flights like you see on FB, no more boosters...no more...
I hope they don't screw with the distance capabilities of the inspire1. .
imo this is one of the best features. .
I'm ok with the height restictions, but mess with the distance and I'm out...
I'll just bite the bullet and buy a matrix. ..

If you don't connect the mobile device to internet (since you say you have dedicated ipads for your Inspires), then the DJI app has no way of knowing that a new firmware is available let alone whether or not it's a mandatory update.

That's what I would do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters