Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Map Pilot now has Terrain Awareness

Just bought map pilot and getting to grips with it, have some things I don't like the tiny aircraft info and not being able to preset camera angle before flight, double grid would be good as well but so far I'm happy.

Not looked at the Terrain Awareness yet.

Just bought map pilot and getting to grips with it, have some things I don't like the tiny aircraft info and not being able to preset camera angle before flight, double grid would be good as well but so far I'm happy.

Not looked at the Terrain Awareness yet.
It's mapping software which requires nadir view. Setting the camera angle to anything other that straight down would not work and not be mapping. If it's 3D models you are doing I can see the need for camera angles but there is other software for that.

I agree that aircraft info could be a bit bigger and battery low voltage show in red with voltage display.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

aa5751c0b0108532a32337319526a26a.jpg

Just a word of caution based on experience from a mapping mission yeaterday using terrain awareness. It was fine for the first part of the mission, I could see it rising and falling. Then it steadily kept going down. I aborted the mission a few metres above the ground. It should have been at 60m!

Hi IrishSights,

The elevation data that drives terrain awareness was collected sometime around the year 2000 I believe. Have you checked to see if the terrain where you flew was modified in the last 16 years? I sometimes find areas where large earth moving projects have occurred yet there is very little evidence left to indicate a change.

I have not yet experienced a shift in elevation data like you mentioned in another post, I will keep that in mind now.

Hi IrishSights,

The elevation data that drives terrain awareness was collected sometime around the year 2000 I believe. Have you checked to see if the terrain where you flew was modified in the last 16 years? I sometimes find areas where large earth moving projects have occurred yet there is very little evidence left to indicate a change.

I have not yet experienced a shift in elevation data like you mentioned in another post, I will keep that in mind now.
No, the terrain has been the same for generations... and longer!

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

LOL No! Ive just seen this new addition to the software this week. Im not sure I would trust it though. Your quite correct to suggest caution when using it. It would be really useful. Im not sure what will happen though it the UAV goes below the take off point and loses signal..will it continue with the mission of come home? I was up at the North Antrim Coast last weekend and I was flying (outside the Airshow NOTAM area!) below take-off level off some cliffs. 1st time Id done that but there was no problem although I always had VLOS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters