Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mapping Apps

Reaction score
Hello,

Now that the firmware for the Inspire supports Waypoints, I was wondering if any readers of this forum knew of any third party apps that can be used to plan and carry out flight missions whereby the waypoints and photographic intervals are controlled for the purposes of mapping.

I am aware of the Pix4D Capture app which as yet does not support the I1 or P3. I also have used Drone Deploy, however their system is a closed one and the acquired images cannot be used with my photogrammetry software of choice - Agisoft Photoscan and Topcon Imagemaster.

If anyone knows of any other means of achieving overlapping aerial images for 3D mapping purposes, I'd be very interested in any feedback.

Best wishes,

Nick

Hello,

Now that the firmware for the Inspire supports Waypoints, I was wondering if any readers of this forum knew of any third party apps that can be used to plan and carry out flight missions whereby the waypoints and photographic intervals are controlled for the purposes of mapping.

I am aware of the Pix4D Capture app which as yet does not support the I1 or P3. I also have used Drone Deploy, however their system is a closed one and the acquired images cannot be used with my photogrammetry software of choice - Agisoft Photoscan and Topcon Imagemaster.

If anyone knows of any other means of achieving overlapping aerial images for 3D mapping purposes, I'd be very interested in any feedback.

Best wishes,

Nick
Hi Nick

Another one to look at is by Maps Made Easy which is undergoing beta testing at the moment. Here are some results with layers for photographic and terrain mapping. There is a cost for processing based on the area covered.

Example Map

Hi Nick

Another one to look at is by Maps Made Easy which is undergoing beta testing at the moment. Here are some results with layers for photographic and terrain mapping. There is a cost for processing based on the area covered.

Example Map

+1 on the Drones Made Easy App. It's worked great so far with the Inspire 1. Here's a project from a local quarry we used it on.

Quality Stone by drewid20 - 3D model

Reactions: nickruss_wales

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44