Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

March announcement -- no word on Osmo X5

Reaction score
So the March 1st announcement came and went with no word on the X5 adapter and software tweaks for using the X5 on the Osmo. I have to admit I was kind of expecting something from DJI on this.

I guess they're not much at multi-tasking and since the last 6 months or so have been dedicated to the P4 I guess the Osmo X5 has been shelved...

Talk about vaporware!

Brian

Reactions: QuentinVisualFilms
So the March 1st announcement came and went with no word on the X5 adapter and software tweaks for using the X5 on the Osmo. I have to admit I was kind of expecting something from DJI on this.

I guess they're not much at multi-tasking and since the last 6 months or so have been dedicated to the P4 I guess the Osmo X5 has been shelved...

Talk about vaporware!

Brian
1.7 soon come an update for the matrix came out today. X5r and osmo adapter probably hit the stores same time. I'd say May, so by June should be running smoothly. You got plenty of time

I just bought the adapter on friday and was delivered USA on Monday. I have attached my X5 onto my osmo. Fits perfectly and x3 works wonderful with it. Took 5 minutes to install.

HOW do I update the x5 so I can get the thing to balance? A picture shows in the app. But Everyone says in order for it to work on gimbal with osmo, I need to update x5 to latest firmware.

How do I do that??? I put sd card with firmware into gimbal, but I feel like I have to have an INSPIRE 1 to update [$3,100]....is that true??

Any help?

- Quentin

eaeffba6_l.jpeg
dbba5357_l.jpeg
62644b27_l.jpeg

I just bought the adapter on friday and was delivered USA on Monday. I have attached my X5 onto my osmo. Fits perfectly and x3 works wonderful with it. Took 5 minutes to install.

HOW do I update the x5 so I can get the thing to balance? A picture shows in the app. But Everyone says in order for it to work on gimbal with osmo, I need to update x5 to latest firmware.

How do I do that??? I put sd card with firmware into gimbal, but I feel like I have to have an INSPIRE 1 to update [$3,100]....is that true??

Any help?

- Quentin

eaeffba6_l.jpeg
dbba5357_l.jpeg
62644b27_l.jpeg
Yep, I'd try and find someone locally who has an Inspire you can borrow to update the X5. Stupid I know but likely your best bet.

Yep, I'd try and find someone locally who has an Inspire you can borrow to update the X5. Stupid I know but likely your best bet.

AHHHHHH.....Thanks for your response....I contacted DJI earlier by phone. The service reps had attitudes with me because they said there is no attachment available and they cant answer questions about third party items.

I was clearly asking about the x5 and balancing, and they made me seem like a criminal. This footage better be amazing or Im definitely selling it all!

I hate companies who get your money and offer no help!

FINGERS CROSSED

you should buy the inspire though :p

Your right, I wish I had $3,000 laying around to kill on a drone, But Unfortunately....The PHANTOM 4 just got released, and I just bought the professional P3......Id rather save cash for something thats almost CRASH PROOF like P4

Id hate for my $3,000 to go crashing to the ground . REPAIR and stuff is not my friend LOL!

Biggest Pet PEEVE

yeah I know the feeling. I just bought the inspire 1 pro, bunch of batteries, an osmo all last week... $5k+ gone.... but it's primary use is for real estate so I can justify it.

yeah I know the feeling. I just bought the inspire 1 pro, bunch of batteries, an osmo all last week... $5k+ gone.... but it's primary use is for real estate so I can justify it.

Thats amazing!! sounds like your a heavy investor in your future. How does one get into Real Estate Filming anyhow? Any links or resources you can advise? Its always been a huge curiosity and interest of mine.

well I'm an agent so it's what I do around here to make myself stand out against other agents who just take 15 pictures with their cell phone ha.

AHHHHHH.....Thanks for your response....I contacted DJI earlier by phone. The service reps had attitudes with me because they said there is no attachment available and they cant answer questions about third party items.

I was clearly asking about the x5 and balancing, and they made me seem like a criminal. This footage better be amazing or Im definitely selling it all!

I hate companies who get your money and offer no help!

FINGERS CROSSED
Footage is pretty **** good, I think you'll be impressed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08