Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Marice 600 camera - HELP!

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am about to buy a matrice 600 for high end video and stills. I have the X5 from my inspire but is that really the best option for the Matrice? I have not been overly impressed with the X5 and since we are buying a new platform, should I get another camera or stay with the X5? I see a lot of people using Panasonic cameras etc.. but have never had an option to use a non-DJI camera.

I do not need a 30K red epic. I would like the best camera that's out there in the 7k- or less range for this drone. What would you guys put on the matrice 600? Stick with the X5 I have or something else? Thanks!

I would look at the Sony A7R II. 42 megapixel stills, outstanding 4K video in a small package.

I dream of flying mine, with full camera control as with my X5. But I don't think you're going to get that with the Matrice.

(I am pasting my reply from the same question in the general forum)

First of all great question. With all the new DJI products out recently (going back to the X5R, M600 Pro, Inspire 2, X5s, etc) I think a lot of higher end clients are asking the same thing...what platform should we fly - and what camera should we put in the air? The choices are really good right now.

We are very experienced with products ranging from the M600 and Inspire 2 to the Alta / Movi and custom built copters and gimbals. We have flown and used many, many cameras.

Here are the things I would ask so we can throw our opinion in the mix for you:

1. What did you dislike about the X5 (and confirm it was not the X5R)?

2. Do you always fly your own cameras or do you work on projects where the camera that needs to be flown is dictated by someone else?

3. Is your aerial footage cut in with footage shot on the ground by different cameras - and do you shoot ground footage yourself?

4. Do you prefer to shoot RAW or something else like ProRes or h.264, etc? And how much color grading does your footage encounter in post by someone?

5. Do you use a follow focus system or other things that need to be considered?

6. Do you have a camera preference of a large lens collection of a particular type?

We really, really love this stuff and would be happy to dig in with you and make some suggestion or kick around some ideas. Also, is that a grouper in your photo...love grouper...haha.

Where are you located?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla