Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mars 58 (parachute) on Inspire 1

I've got Inspire for a limited amount of time to measure it and make design of parachute mount. We've made several test flight with parachute landing and the video was worst so I don't publish it. However I have video for Phantom. Landing method is same, upside down and parachute is same 50". bigger parachute 75" is better of course, but takes more space, that's why I offer the choice 50" or 75".

"Can you take some pictures of how this system is installed on your Inspire?"

I'll upload some next week.

afx, your parachute sounds interesting.

I am thinking about a Mars 58 v2 or your parachute model.

If i order it on your homepage, is it available for delivery now ?
Is it possible to mount the Fly Away module on the parachute mount ? Including battery.

Best regards

The Mayday unit attaches simply with some velcro and is easy to setup after downloading a firmware update. I'm using a 1S lipo which seem to work well.

@Roger: Congratulations on your Mars + Mayday, I have the same set up and am quite happy with it! I also prefer an automated system as things happen just too fast when something goes wrong and I can picture myself staring at the sky and my IOS devide wondering whether I should activate the manual trigger or not...
I read that you were using a 1S lipo for your Mayday -- also read that you will be moving to a 2S or 3S. It is strongly advisable that you do that asap. Mayday boards used to have an issue of self activating if voltage dropped too low on 1S batteries. With a 2S Lipo that won't be an issue. You may want to check the following thread on the PhantomPilots forum:
M.A.R.S lite parachute kit

Safe Flying!!

Can you take some pictures of how this system is installed on your Inspire?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

my opale-paramodels parachute setup in order to littlebit protect the craft and x5 gimbal
I got a manuel trigger showing in the pictures and have no isues with the radio communication what how ever.

I got this system a few months and never had to deploy it in the air
How this looks like i made a video.
View My Video

One thing the rig makes the inspire bigger so you need to modify the original dji case in order to fit in travel mode
A other thing to mount the parachute in the rig take a littlebit of a practisch

A big thing to remember is the way you have to fold and connect the parachute to the rig otherwise you risk of incorrect deployment.
what i do is for every flight i refold and pack te shute to be sure i will work.

21dc1z.jpg

2quhd2u.jpg

1sobhy.jpg

50smro.jpg

Greetings from the Netherlands :)

my opale-paramodels parachute setup in order to littlebit protect the craft and x5 gimbal
I got a manuel trigger showing in the pictures and have no isues with the radio communication what how ever.

I got this system a few months and never had to deploy it in the air
How this looks like i made a video.
View My Video

One thing the rig makes the inspire bigger so you need to modify the original dji case in order to fit in travel mode
A other thing to mount the parachute in the rig take a littlebit of a practisch

A big thing to remember is the way you have to fold and connect the parachute to the rig otherwise you risk of incorrect deployment.
what i do is for every flight i refold and pack te shute to be sure i will work.

21dc1z.jpg

2quhd2u.jpg

1sobhy.jpg

50smro.jpg

Greetings from the Netherlands :)
I have similar setup, can you please post a picture of the modified case?
Also, fold and check every flight? That's kind of tedious :)

I have similar setup, can you please post a picture of the modified case?
Also, fold and check every flight? That's kind of tedious :)

The problem with this para rig and the orginal case is that it is not possible the transfer the inspire in travel mode case of the extra rig under the belly and fool the vision positioning module to hold it a littlebit over the over the edge of the top case.

for while was that my way to store and transport but was not ideal case of the few in correct transfer of the inspire

Now i got this one HPRC Case for DJI Inspire 1 Pro
I this slice some pieces out of the back to fit the para rig
Its a BIG but i love it and i can store al my stuf of the inspire in it and also spare spart battery , lenses etc

It is possible let the x5 under the inspire but i like to have it safe so thit some more tweeks

2qtwegp.jpg

k4h1mv.jpg

v2ty8i.jpg

Reactions: Hercules_One
Thank you for sharing pictures. Recenlty I have released 50" cylinder module, need to design the mount for Inspire and it will be complete set.
Also Stop Fall crash sensor is alive now, hope people will like it.
I have included many features which are better than same devices on the market have. Here's a part of description:

Technical specifications:
- crash detection in any position of Stop Fall, even it's rolling around itself
- no need to calibrate before flight, it will do everything by itself
- you can install Stop Fall in any place in any position, not only flat or 90 degrees to the ground
- fall detection within 1 second, ideally to avoid false parachute activations because of sudden wind or extreme turns
- ability to activate Stop Fall manually from free stick on you RC
- complete standalone system if powered with 5-24V (2-6S) battery
- sound alarm and led indicators
- minimal weight and dimensions
- smart designed box can be installed to many places without taking much space
- PC communication to get reports after crash

Photos are here: Stop Fall, Automatic crash detection and parachute deployment system.

And some video is here from test flights

@afx - can you please contact site admin if you wish to continue advertising and redirecting members to your products.
You are clearly a commercial vendor and as such need to be authorised to advertise on the forum.

Thank You.

Reactions: afx
Hi everyone, greetings from Chile!

Any experience in installing a Mars 58 parachute system on the Inspire 1? This is the system:

Mars 58 | Mars Parachutes

A couple of weeks ago, legislation here in my country got passed which requires all quadcopters up to 6 Kg (about 13 lbs) to be registered and to comply with having a parachute system. This only applies to quadcopters you intend to fly in public places (you can do whatever within your own property). There are other items in the legislation, which I can comment on later as we go through the process ourselves (pilots have to get licensed, etc. etc..).

In order to comply with this legislation, we purchase a Mars 58 parachute system and are attempting to install it on the Inspire 1. Mars said back in February that they were developing a mount for the Inspire but they do not seem to be answering inquires about it since then. We searched other systems (the pricey French system, Skycat, etc.). Someone adapted the Skycat X55-CF to the Inspire as can be seen in the first image on the link below, however that looks just too bulky to me...

FAQ

Experiences with the Mars 58? Ideas, thoughts?

Inspired Senses
Won't handle 14 inch props.
Best to purchase mayday board and make your own parachute system. Save heaps of money

Just to bring this thread into the here and now...Dose Opale work with Mayday or Stopfall?

Mars 58 looks really sexy but the chute seems a bit small for Inpire 1, no? Alternatively can you rig the Mars to so the inspire falls on its back?

Has anybody yet had to deploy one of these systems in the real world?

Just to bring this thread into the here and now...Dose Opale work with Mayday or Stopfall?

Mars 58 looks really sexy but the chute seems a bit small for Inpire 1, no?

Has anybody yet had to deploy one of these systems in the real world?

I recently got my mayday system but havend yet the time to install ore test it
thil this time a diddent have use the deployment but if it will happend it wil be hard landing of course.

Here a video of fall deployment of the opale system
Parashute rong preparation/ install

I recently got my mayday system but havend yet the time to install ore test it
thil this time a diddent have use the deployment but if it will happend it wil be hard landing of course.

Here a video of fall deployment of the opale system
Parashute rong preparation/ install

Thanks, and let us know how your testing goes...
...but that has always been a fishy video. Almost like a forced failure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG