Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

massive differences in Intl shipping speeds

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This post is probably not of much interest to those of you living in mainland U.S.A but for those of us who live around the rest of the world and have to order products from the U.S, shipping is a big issue.

3 weeks ago I ordered my new Fatshark Dominator HDs from ReadyMadeRC, a great FPV supply store in Ohio. I selected UPS expedited freight to send my goggles. Nearly 3 weeks later I had to drive to their facility in Christchurch to collect them. They'd been in New Zealand for a whole week and UPS had attempted a delivery only once.

Last Thursday (5 days ago) I ordered a new case from GoProfessional Cases in San Diego. After my UPS debacle I decided to check on the new package with the tracking number this morning. This time I chose DHL to ship this much larger item. To my absolute astonishment the package has already made it to Christchurch from San Diego in only 4 days! That's incredible. It's due to be delivered to my home this morning.

Over the last couple of years I have discovered that the US carriers (UPS, FED-EX) are usually slower by quite a bit.

If you live outside of the U.S. and have a choice of carriers you should carefully consider who you're going to use, it makes a huge difference.

Bit hard to draw any conclusions based on a single shipment...

I used to receive packages from all 3 major shipping companies every week not long ago, and all of them would have the odd delay once in a while.

Bit hard to draw any conclusions based on a single shipment...

I used to receive packages from all 3 major shipping companies every week not long ago, and all of them would have the odd delay once in a while.

Yes, I agree but as I said this is based on deliveries spread out over 2 years which would total around 300.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian