Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Matrice 200 (M200)

I just posted about this in a thread on the Inspire 2.

First impressions:
Features supporting this purchase:
They are clearing going after FreeFly's market with the ability to mount the camera on top. I have been speculating on this for a while now. That is a huge plus.
You can now fly TWO gimbals. a visual and an infrared camera side by side lets the user capture the exact same data side by side without having to fly the mission again.
As per normal, DJI has given battery redundancy along with the ability to self-heat

Lack of features not conducive to purchase
Four motors is huge for me. I almost pulled the trigger on the FreeFly system. Their lack of an intelligent smart battery system was the reason I didn't. I am not putting a 100K RED Camera in the sky without prop redundancy and the ability to make a controlled descent in the event of motor/prop failure. This is the exact same reason that I will not be purchasing the M2. You lose one motor or one prop, and not only has your bird turned into a rock, but your camera system is toast when it makes impact.

I will stick with the M6 for now and how that they introduce a way for me to top mount a gimbal (retro) for my existing bird.

1) Any word yet on M210 RTK price?
2) Is this forum or an other forum best to monitor for M200 news?

Why wouldn't someone purchase the M200 series over the Inspire 2? Looks like it can do everything and more than the Inspire. On disadvantage is landing gear doesn't go up? I guess we don't know what storage capacity it has?

I know I'm very interested for three major reasons....dual cameras (for LE absolutely needed), weather resistant, ADS-B integration (we are in both class C and D airspace).

I totally missed ADSB. Where is that written??
It's in the press release, they are calling it "AirSense" it's an ADS-B Receiver, I'm guessing they licensed a Ping, but it's definitely there. I don't really find the need to broadcast from a UAS, but this should help us with our 107 Waiver and COA as we can now confidently state that we can be aware of traffic that we can't see / hear.

From DJI Matrice 200 page:

DJI AIRSENSE
With a built-in ADS-B receiver, the M200 Series enhances airspace safety by automatically providing the operator with real-time information about nearby manned aircraft.

Reactions: ReesAerials
I know I'm very interested for three major reasons....dual cameras (for LE absolutely needed), weather resistant, ADS-B integration (we are in both class C and D airspace).
Be careful, IP43 is not rated for outdoor use unfortunately. It does look like a very good advancement to the Matrice 100 and the I2, however I wonder if they will price it between the Matrice 100 and 600?

I thought IP43 was spraying water correct? So a light rain as long as it's not blowing in sideways?

I googled to check and found this among others

IP43:

From the table above, 4 means Protected against solids objects over 1mm (e.g. tools, wires and small wires), 3 means Protected against direct sprays up to 60o from the vertical.

Exactly speaking, The product with IP43 is not waterproof, it cannot be exposed in the outdoor open air or the place that the rain, water drop and spatter can reach.

If the product with IP43 is wetted by liquid, it will cause short circuit. if the water filter into the led that is not waterproof itself (like most of the 3528 SMD LED), the LED will goes dead.

If the led screen with IP43 is wetted by rain, possibly the LEDs will go dead with large quantity.

Therefore, we only can install the led screen with IP43 indoor and semi-outdoor where the water cannot approach.

Funny I found other references that said it was protected against rain including one that said it was protected from heavy rain. DJI sure is marketing it for use outdoors in inclement weather, go figure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74