Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mauritius in 4K

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Following-up on my Maldives video that has garnered quite a bit of attention, here is my latest release, this time in the stunning Mauritius. This is my second official video shot with the Inspire 1 and it performed brilliantly this time around as well. The shots in this video were taken over a 8 day period and the output is simply stunning.

Please let me know what you think and do feel free to share if you feel it makes sense.

I have it on Vimeo and YouTube, but the 4K version is available at the YouTube link.

Cheers.

Gorgeous. By the way, did you sell your Maldives footage to the guy who was advertising on here to buy footage? I think there are more than a few of us who want to know if he is for reel (pun) with his offers of cash for 4k footage.

Gorgeous. By the way, did you sell your Maldives footage to the guy who was advertising on here to buy footage? I think there are more than a few of us who want to know if he is for reel (pun) with his offers of cash for 4k footage.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy you liked the video. Mauritius is a stunning place. I'm still in discussions with the person you mentioned in your note. He wants complete ownership of the files and I'm not ready to provide that for the price he mentioned. Will keep you updated as things progress.

Please share this video if you liked it. Cheers.

Wow, just wow... Mate if you keep going like this you will make a killing. Obviously costs a wee bit to go to these places but you will sharp make your money back... Go get your permission for aerial work from a certification authority and avoid that licence question and you will soon be starting your own business. If not I am going to start employing you :)

Wow, just wow... Mate if you keep going like this you will make a killing. Obviously costs a wee bit to go to these places but you will sharp make your money back... Go get your permission for aerial work from a certification authority and avoid that licence question and you will soon be starting your own business. If not I am going to start employing you :)
Thanks for your feedback, it is very appreciated. Yes getting to these places is not cheap. I'd be happy if I could recover the investment over time. Also happy to consider contract work if anyone needs camera work done in Asia ... not kidding.

Regarding permissions for aerial work, as I live in Hong Kong, should I be requesting a license there? Would this be a prerequisite to actually start a business?

Please share my video if you liked it. I'm happy people are responding positively to my work so far. Cheers.

That would be where I start. As a HK resident it would give you the least amount of hassle.

My Licencing authority (UK) has said if there is ambiguity in another countries Licencing requirements then fall back on the permission we give as it is ICAO approved. Which basically means it should satisfy safety requirements in pretty much all countries. With the USA being a potential exception as the FAA are a bit head strong at the moment.

You are definitely going to need to show you can fly safely if people want to contract you for flights...

But honestly bud. As I have said to you a few times now... You are fantastic at this! And should consider a small side business, especially now you are negotiating higher fees for your footage. You should speak to your buyer and offer this footage for 50% if he pays asking price for your Maldives one. You may just be surprised

That would be where I start. As a HK resident it would give you the least amount of hassle.

My Licencing authority (UK) has said if there is ambiguity in another countries Licencing requirements then fall back on the permission we give as it is ICAO approved. Which basically means it should satisfy safety requirements in pretty much all countries. With the USA being a potential exception as the FAA are a bit head strong at the moment.

You are definitely going to need to show you can fly safely if people want to contract you for flights...

But honestly bud. As I have said to you a few times now... You are fantastic at this! And should consider a small side business, especially now you are negotiating higher fees for your footage. You should speak to your buyer and offer this footage for 50% if he pays asking price for your Maldives one. You may just be surprised
Will take a look into that when I get back home. As an update on status of the sale of footage, the buyer bailed and decided to buy an Inspire instead. I wished him good luck. I am keeping my footage to myself. Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips