Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Max flights recommended for props before replacing?

Reaction score
Hello, just wondering if there is a general amount of flight status considered "pushing it" for a set of props… 50? 100? 200?

Thanks very much for any suggestions.

Reactions: Ascender
Which props? Threaded with prop locks, Quick-release, or Quick-release v2? They will all wear different

Unfortunately there is no magic number and it will vary from person to person. The simple act of installing them and removing them will wear them out. DJI recommends replacing them "when they are worn" but they give no metric to determine what qualifies as worn. This is why it's important to check for any play in the the props once attached prior to every flight. Visually inspect the underside of the props before and after each flight as well.

Reactions: Dave Stanton
I am also interested in the answers to the OP's question. I am considering putting a self imposed retirement on mine maybe 6 months or 40 hours which ever comes first? They are cheap enough. Being a retired aircraft mechanic I am thoroughly aware of the stresses and wear factors put on certain items on aircraft. These props are not works of art and probably have very little quality control and or inspections before they leave the factory.

I believe my props are the quick release version 2.0… Inspire was purchased about three months ago… There is a white dot on the prop as well as the motor to indicate which props go where. Came stock with the inspire. We are up at around 80 flights. Thanks again for any feedback.

I believe my props are the quick release version 2.0… Inspire was purchased about three months ago… There is a white dot on the prop as well as the motor to indicate which props go where. Came stock with the inspire. We are up at around 80 flights. Thanks again for any feedback.
Those are the normal quick release :) the new ones just came out a few weeks ago. I recommend if you have the money replace your props now with the new ones. Way better and secure much better.

cool, thanks very much for your advice. We will switch our props out now. We still have the extra set that they sent with the copter.

Sorry, bit late to the party but as the above really, there is no magic number for hours of flights flown before changing props.
But as part of your pre-flight checks, always check the props for any signs or wear and tear or stress points.
If in doubt, replace them. The small cost of buying some new props over having to repair/replace your craft because it's fallen out of the sky is a no brainer .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD