Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Max motor speed reached

Nice collection of “nice” people that we will see next complaining about some “technical” issues.

DJI should keep record of all that nonsense.

I received this message once after switching to 3rd party carbon fiber props. I guess they allow for faster rotational speed and can tax the motors. I think I'm going back to the stock DJI props.

Nice collection of “nice” people that we will see next complaining about some “technical” issues.

DJI should keep record of all that nonsense.
Not quite sure what you are trying to say, per
I received this message once after switching to 3rd party carbon fiber props. I guess they allow for faster rotational speed and can tax the motors. I think I'm going back to the stock DJI props.
Very interesting, can you please let me know what was your setup and parts used?

Dexter, The response is not to your specific entry but to some rather less balanced commnts
Don't understand your reply, can you please enlightened further by making an intelligent sentence.
Dexter, The response is not to your specific entry but to some rather less balanced comments although I now see where I went wrong. I myself use DJI carbon enforced props although I will get carbon when QR props mounting will settle.

Reactions: Dexter Harvey
I understand that the message is your primary focus but I would like to point out that you are a flying at 1,000 ft and the legal limit is 400 ft. I would recommend that you fly below 400 ft and see if you get the same message.
I do have permission to fly at those distances where i fly my drone, and dji set the max hight to 500m.
As for the message it's not only the thin air at 1250m altitude, I've seen the same message at sea level with full sticks and on the older firmware 1.3.

I think it's just a soft protection for motor and ESC over heating

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Firmware 1.3 was the first one which cut speed. I did not see this message even at 27 m/s before. As the speed shown on the picture is under 18 m/s it has nothing to do with the wind unless you are flying against heavy wind and the motor is on its limit to get the new limited 18 m/s top speed.

Try to check winds in heavydrones to see if its likely you were flying against wind.

Anyone ever seen this in Android? Because I never have seen this message though it exists in DJI GO.

almost 300 m and 860 m distance, way above 120m height and 500 m VLOS by law
Is it the law worldwide? People keep shitting on others choice to fly their drone as they suit in their countries, I don't get why. We are all responsible for our flying. I have done beyond line of sight flights and most of my crashes were in line of sight. If anything, I'm extra careful when my drone is BLOS. Please let's not pass judgement and respect each other's decisions on how to operate our drones.

Just remember not to vote any politicians who make such laws again. The "government" has moved far away from its purpose to be here for us, they just steal our money to feed themselves and other people we dont want to have anything to do with. If you still give any **** what government say - its on you.

To fly responsible you need a brain not laws for stupids. These laws are for people who dont understand what they are doing and need some numbers as a orientation not to harm others. Anyway the stupids will crash their drones within weeks no matter if they fly in a 50m cage or not.

Also NO ONE can say through the posted picture how high he is actually flying because you dont know the starting point. Anyone claiming he is 300m high does not understand how the plane works and should even not fly even 30m himself regardless of any law.

Last edited:
Just remember not to vote any politicians who make such laws again. The "government" has moved far away from its purpose to be here for us, they just steal our money to feed themselves and other people we dont want to have anything to do with. If you still give any **** what government say - its on you.

To fly responsible you need a brain not laws for stupids. These laws are for people who dont understand what they are doing and need some numbers as a orientation not to harm others. Anyway the stupids will crash their drones within weeks no matter if they fly in a 50m cage or not.

Also NO ONE can say through the posted picture how high he is actually flying because you dont know the starting point. Anyone claiming he is 300m high does not understand how the plane works and should even not fly even 30m himself regardless of any law.
Agreed!

Is it the law worldwide? People keep shitting on others choice to fly their drone as they suit in their countries, I don't get why. We are all responsible for our flying. I have done beyond line of sight flights and most of my crashes were in line of sight. If anything, I'm extra careful when my drone is BLOS. Please let's not pass judgement and respect each other's decisions on how to operate our drones.
This is not about passing judgment, when you take the decision to speed on the highway, you might get a ticket, caused an accident or worst kill someone. We are responsible for flying our drones but unfortunately, common sense is not very common at times.

I dont think it has something to do with it unless you have choosen even smaller 13" props. With 14" the opposite should be the case they normally would be faster but as DJI restricts speed motors will rotate slower to keep DJI max speed limits. I did not get this message at all.

I did not try if the 14" are faster in Atti mode, I always have trees around so I avoid fast Atti flying.

Afaik the height is measured from the home point so he was in fact at 300 m over from home point.
Unless he started the bird in a depression of about 180 m he was flying over 120 m.
Anyway, we are all responsible for a safe flight, if that was his choice that's fine and if he is autorized great then.

Here's another reason that you see this warning - icing on your props. Glad I got the warning and landed. all the leading edges were iced up pretty good.

Nick

I have flown with tailwind at 25 meters per second on a P3 and did not get this message... strange.

I had this warning on my last flight in very gusty conditions, first time ive ever seen it. I was at a steady 50ft above ground and 30m out just bringing it back in to land, suddenly had the warning pop up (warning max rotor speed reached) then soon after (over discharge warning). Was very brief, but landed the Inspire, and all cells looked good, and battery was only warm same with motors. Perhaps this is a reason why there is an upgrade of the motors as I am flying an X5 on the original motors, and in gusty conditions the newer more torquey motors would be better?

Needless to say, I carried on for the rest of the morning without any more warnings at all.

Very regular issue when flying above 15000 feet (even exceeding 18000ft). Happy to see the 1360T being released, hope this helps a little!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaddeusKo