Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mayday Drone Parachute on Kickstarter (suitable for I1)

Reaction score
Website
www.benhecht.com
Howdy guy, I thought you mind find this interesting:

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/mayday-drone-parachute-deployment-system-hits-kickstarter-17-08-2015/

I went ahead and backed it. I am not affiliated with it in any way but seems like a good investment. There is a package that is tailored to the Inspire 1 but its a heafty $455 buck and supposedly arrived in November.
Given my experience with ALL other Kickstarters I have funded I imagine that will really mean Q1 2016.

Anyway, I am curious to hear what others on here think about it.

This kick starter is for the computer module only. It will pair with the Mars 58 system. I like the idea of the parachute being a completely stand-alone system. I will def be following this closely. Thanks for the heads up @flydogs !

This kick starter is for the computer module only. It will pair with the Mars 58 system. I like the idea of the parachute being a completely stand-alone system. I will def be following this closely. Thanks for the heads up @flydogs !
Hey Jay, if you scroll down there is an option that includes the chute (at a lower price than typical.) I chose that option. $455!!!!

Hey!
Do you know what happens when (for example) loose a prop or a prop is broken... does the parachute deploy? Is there a possibility that the props get stuck on the parachute strings or something like that?

I was wondering about the tangling possibility as well. In the event of a malfunction, the I1 can be turned off from the remote, by moving both sticks down and towards the center - simultaneously. That would kill all motors, then you could eject the chute safely.

Also, the "Mayday" trigger would only deploy the chute if the craft was falling at a predetermined rate (can't remember exactly how many ft./sec.). But I don't think the Inspire would be falling that rapidly if the problem was a prop breakage, or single motor failure. I'm just speculating.

Reactions: Hercules_One

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool