Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mexican Hat Formation

Reaction score
Another video from my trip last week -- this time the iconic Mexican Hat formation just outside Mexican Hat Utah. I made this much shorter and focused mostly on the formation itself, but there's a great deal of other interesting formations in the immediate vicinity of the Mexican Hat formation. I included a Native American themed piece of music as the area has always been mostly Native American.

I will probably make another video of this are to include the other very interesting features and formations very near by.

There is some of the image flicker I've written about in the "Color Breathing" thread in the "Zenmuse X5" sub forum, but it's not so bad as to be unusable.

Brian

Nice!

What settings were you using for filming?

Shooting in 4K at 30fps, manual, at about f/4-f/7.1 and ISO100. I'm pretty sure this was with a 4-stop ND filter but it might have been late enough in the day that I dropped down to a 2-stop ND -- I'm not sure. I use what's needed at the time I fly.

When you get real close to sunset the light changes quickly so you may start the flight at f/7.1 and ISO100 but end it at f/4 ISO200.

Brian

I traveled that Country a few years ago when the road from Gallop NM to Durango Co was route 666. People bitched so much they changed the number about 2006. I would love to go back and fly some of the sights I have stills of. Beautiful Country to be mostly a waste land. Good job by the way!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo