Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Missing functions in Litchi, AutoFlight and AirNest

Reaction score
Website
www.video-vermont.com
I have bought and tested Litchi, AutoFlight and AirNest. All three of them DO NOT HAVE these two functions...."Peaking" and "Zebras" These are crucial tools, along with the histogram for making successful, properly exposed and focused video. Every professional camcorder has them. The DJI GO app has them.
With borderline picture taking capability it is crucial not to cause clipping of the video waveform. You only have a small dynamic range to work with. I am really surprised these functions haven't been included. It means you must switch back to the GO APP to get them....not a great idea in the middle of a mission!

I have bought and tested Litchi, AutoFlight and AirNest. All three of them DO NOT HAVE these two functions...."Peaking" and "Zebras" These are crucial tools, along with the histogram for making successful, properly exposed and focused video. Every professional camcorder has them. The DJI GO app has them.
With borderline picture taking capability it is crucial not to cause clipping of the video waveform. You only have a small dynamic range to work with. I am really surprised these functions haven't been included. It means you must switch back to the GO APP to get them....not a great idea in the middle of a mission!
I totally agree with you but the apps you mention above are made/coded by individuals (like DJI) who know nothing about videography.
Peaking and zebras (I would prefer 2 levels of zebras which are user definable) were a struggle to get into the Go App and actually took a lot of persuading. Even then, it appeared on iPad version first and took months to migrate to Android because DJI just didn't see the importance of them.

I am not surprised by what you say. I agree, the programs are written by nerds with no appreciation for either photography or videography, otherwise why would they leave this stuff out. Focus is critical in 4K and you cannot rely on an iPad to check it without the peaking tool.

On another board, a company spokesman for Litchi, when asked about the missing functions said: "Maybe some time in the future, it is not a priority." Jim McAndrew of Autoflight Logic had this statement.
"These features were not forgotten, but rather deprioritized in favor of features that don't already exist in DJI GO. In the end, we have limited development resources and we have chosen to focus on things that make Autopilot unique. That is not to say these features will never be implemented, but until they are, the work-around is to handle the more complicated exposure features in DJI GO."
Seems the only way to get things changed is to post a complaint about this in every conceivable internet nook and cranny, starting with the AP store!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6