Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mod Gone BAD...!!!

Reaction score
Hello, I wanted to run my scenario past you all. I prepared for a mod with two TPLINK antennae and two 3w Sunhans boosters. I removed all 3 antennae and installed three new RP-SMA antennae, wired them the same (left ant to right port and right port to left ant). Open remote face down, looking at the board, the right port gives me a steady blue light on my booster, the left port does not give me anything (switched boosters and cables to rule them out). Could I have damaged my control board possibly? Any suggestions would be extremely helpful..

Interested to hear what everyone says, what firmware & what model of air craft and also which remote control version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I wanted to run my scenario past you all. I prepared for a mod with two TPLINK antennae and two 3w Sunhans boosters. I removed all 3 antennae and installed three new RP-SMA antennae, wired them the same (left ant to right port and right port to left ant). Open remote face down, looking at the board, the right port gives me a steady blue light on my booster, the left port does not give me anything (switched boosters and cables to rule them out). Could I have damaged my control board possibly? Any suggestions would be extremely helpful..
Modifying your RC can be hazardous. The connections are delicate and easily damaged. Also if you switch on the RC without the aerial load connected you can very easily blow the transmitter circuitry. As you describe it, I suspect that you have buggered your transmitter output. If so, there is nothing you can do. On the other hand, the 2 ports are one for the 2.4GHz transmitter and one for the receiver. I would not expect any output from the latter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop