Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mod Throttle stick to stay in place [HOW TO VIDEO] (remove spring)

Reaction score
Video I made on how to remove your spring and have an old/classic style phantom 3 radio throttle stick. Should be the same for inspire if you prefer that style.

So the reasons I modded my joystick like this. As someone who has been flying for years and has built most of my own multirotors I have gotten used to this flying style(because that's how all radios came before DJI started doing the return to mid point thing). I find that the benefits of flying with a throttle stick that stays where you put it is that you get more precises shots with altitude changes while being able to control the tilt all at once. For example if i'm gaining altitude over the roof of a house while moving forward. I can take my hand completely off the left joystick and put all my efforts of my left hand controlling the camera tilt control to have a precise frame. Also the build in dji throttle curve makes its very easy to keep the UAV's altitude without having to look at osd.

I understand some people don't like this way of flying but it will help someone who wants to do this mod so here it is!

Video I made on how to remove your spring and have an old/classic style phantom 3 radio throttle stick. Should be the same for inspire if you prefer that style.

So the reasons I modded my joystick like this. As someone who has been flying for years and has built most of my own multirotors I have gotten used to this flying style(because that's how all radios came before DJI started doing the return to mid point thing). I find that the benefits of flying with a throttle stick that stays where you put it is that you get more precises shots with altitude changes while being able to control the tilt all at once. For example if i'm gaining altitude over the roof of a house while moving forward. I can take my hand completely off the left joystick and put all my efforts of my left hand controlling the camera tilt control to have a precise frame. Also the build in dji throttle curve makes its very easy to keep the UAV's altitude without having to look at osd.

I understand some people don't like this way of flying but it will help someone who wants to do this mod so here it is!

Excellent - you also do not know when you have achieved EXACTLY mid stick and thus stable hover.
I too come from 30 years of flying CP helicopters but I welcome a sprung throttle for multirotors.

Excellent - you also do not know when you have achieved EXACTLY mid stick and thus stable hover.
I too come from 30 years of flying CP helicopters but I welcome a sprung throttle for multirotors.
I hear that. I find that ascending and descending makes for more dynamic shots as well and do not enjoy flying perfectly level for filming at all times. When its time to fly level the throttle stick the way it is now still does an amazing job of staying level with no effort.

If that top tip works for you all well in good.

Personally I think it will end in tears sooner or later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop