Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mods: 1 win and 1 fail.

Reaction score
I received some Inspire stuff i purchased at ebay yesterday. First off was "External antenna mod" cables for the RC and some directional antennas. The cables was a bit to thick/long so kinda hard to route them properly inside the casing. I also had to cut of a "ear" on the "ISO-button" to get the RP-SMA connectors in the same place as the old antennas. Fixed it in place with some hot glue. Same with the 5.8ghz antenna inside the controller. Im looking forward to try it out tomorrow.

20160706_223009.jpg
The next mod made me really happy for about 5min. Im one of those who really wished i had an Zenmuse X5. So i got a sun hood for it. I superglued it to a spare lens i had. But after power on i realized it was to heavy. Two times the gimbal "lost its power" and the camera just hanged pointing down. I dont want to break my X3 so i dropped that idea :D.

I really like the way it looked.
20160706_222128.jpg

You have to Balance the Camera if you use the hood you will find some threads about it...

Chris

Okey, so its possible if you balance it. Thats interesting. Thanks.

Well its a win because i knew it would work. Done the same thing to other controllers before. Where i usually fly im under the threeline in a valley. Been out flying there after work today and i do get a much better signal. Didnt get any "stripes/lines" in the video feed.

Okey, so its possible if you balance it. Thats interesting. Thanks.

Well its a win because i knew it would work. Done the same thing to other controllers before. Where i usually fly im under the threeline in a valley. Been out flying there after work today and i do get a much better signal. Didnt get any "stripes/lines" in the video feed.
Glad to hear it...

Thanks, it might also be a "win" because i dont "speak" english everyday and tend to type sentences the way i think in norwegian. It doesnt always translate nicely :)

Okey, so its possible if you balance it. Thats interesting. Thanks

Well.... youre gonna have to ghetto rig it like you did with the hood. In the simplest form youll have to figure out the weight of the hood and create that same weight for the rear and attach said weight somehow, glue? The proper way is to figure out the ARM and MOMENT then of the hood and then counter that with a matched weight to the rear of the camera.

You should be fine with just determining the weight of the hood and adding that to the back of the camera somehow...... If you go through with it be sure to post some results.... would like to see how the hood performs and if its beneficial to the X3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe123