Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

More features?

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Discussion' started by carlos najera, Dec 26, 2014.

1. carlos najera

I have the idea (and i might be wrong) that the Inspire 1 its like a smathphone in therms of adding features via software updates rather than need to buy more stuff. For example the full gimbal pan/tilt feature wasnt aviable unless you have a second controller and that thing has been adressed via App update. Do you think we can get more features in the future, like a follow me feature, or the one id like to get the most, be able to record video on 1080p at 120fps.

Do you think this is posible?

I know some guys have some complains about the camera quality but i think at least in specs its good. For example the go pro 4 doesnt shoot on full 4K, (it shoots on UHD 4k which is 3840 x 2160) and the Inspire One shoots on full 4K (4096 x 2160) both shoot 12 mp stills so do you think the Inspire One could shoot 1080p at 120fps?

Is there any feature youre looking forward on the Inspire One?

http://es.shop.gopro.com/hero4/hero4-black/CHDHX-401.html#/tab2
    http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/spec

2. Diirk

Follow me is the most important feature for me

skillet and carlos najera like this.
  3. carlos najera

It would be nice to have it :)

4. Avanti1963

Ground Station!

5. wcough

I second that .... Ground Station a must, to me much more controlled and safer when programmed correctly.
    add on ground station module would lose connection quickly, was wishing to try the longer range connect via lightbridge

thumpinhard and carlos najera like this.
  6. hionbusa

The Inspire 1 camera is modular for a reason . I think DJI will have different types of camera pretty soon. Ones with a zoom , night vision .. One that can see people naked who knows ...:)

According to Dji staff, the follow me technology is just not all there yet in term of R&D .
    3d robotic follow me is very clumsy and the airdog has yet to be correctly demo'ed

carlos najera likes this.
  7. Iceman

Ground station is a must

carlos najera likes this.
  8. carlos najera

Groundstation would be nice I'm,pretty sure they'll add that feature soon. I'd like to see a feature where you can lock a non moving objective and fly around it for example a monument or perhaps a couple kissing. This would be useful when there's a single person operating the inspire 1.

9. skillet

I don't think Groundstation is out of the question. As with the Vision & Vision+ it was also not released with the launches but only later with an app update.

10. rilot

"Follow me" has got to be coming. I mean, they put a GPS receiver in the transmitter and I can only think of a couple of reasons for doing that, "follow me" being one of them.

skillet likes this.
  11. skillet

Not sure why no one is requesting or discussing a future feature of controlling the Inspire Gimbal by means of your smartphone or tablet's gyroscope? I can only imagine this to be one very precise camera control tool while still leaving you with both your hands to control your UAV? Am I missing something?

12. skillet

Is it confirmed that the transmitter have GPS installed?

13. Meta4

ultraturtle and skillet like this.
  14. thumpinhard

You hit the nail on the head.groundstation is a must for me and I gambled and ordered one..I am banking on groundststation as a f.w. upgrade fairly soon.

skillet likes this.
  15. Diirk

Wow great idea. This would be like aiming an actual camera inside a TV news helicopter. This would be epic. Would probably be more useful/precise than a second controller for the camera man.

skillet likes this.