Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

MORE GOOD NEWS

Holy moley ..............check all the boxes and its tough to find an area to fly without an Authorization in eastern PA.

I really do not understand the map. Almost every area is considered Class B airspace. Our local airport is Class D, but on this map is class B. My home was within Class D, and on this map is class B with a designation of E5.

Can someone explain.

Thanks in advance.

I really do not understand the map. Almost every area is considered Class B airspace. Our local airport is Class D, but on this map is class B. My home was within Class D, and on this map is class B with a designation of E5.

Can someone explain.

Thanks in advance.

Wish I could. Looks like a hot mess. Why would not one of the layers/basemap be the sectional, makes no sense. BUT we got the National Geographic covered! I never heard of E1 - E5 classification and have asked the FAA twice to explain it. Last time they reply with "can you tell us where you saw this?" So far, I received a lot of guesses but nothing from any reputable FAA source, website, PHAK, AIM, etc. Even went on aviation sites, everyone has a guess but cannot provide sources...

Can someone explain.

Thanks in advance.
Did you click on the LAYERS icon? You can chose which airspace layer u want to see on the map. My sectional matches the map quite accurately.

I checked all layers, and everything defaults to Class B. If I click only Class D, all areas default to D. Either way, E1-5 remain present.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan