Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

More interesting Drone news

If I were running a store like that, the big ticket items would be in glass cases. Just like in a jewelry store.
Let people hold things and they will disappear.
I was in a liquor store in Ohio once and everything was in a display case with stock numbers on shelves. You wrote ticket with the stock number, went to checkout, paid, then clerk went in back room and came back with your order. The goods were put in your hands until after you paid. Seemed pretty much like overkill at the time, but I bet they had zero shoplifting!!

Reactions: Advexure
DJI has designed dummy display units for a reason (although not for all models quite yet). You can still let them hold it in their hands but it's just the drone without any insides, battery is just a shell and secured to the unit, camera does not have internals. Let people walk away with dummy units all day but displaying real units unsecured is just like being a charity, you might as well file as a 501(c) :)

Yeah, like the dummy smart phones on the displays at Best Buy and Walmart. They even put stickers on them saying they are decoys... I guess to keep people from stealing the fakes thinking they were real.
If that store had real merchandise in unsecured displays, then shame on them. What were they thinking.. Or .... NOT thinking!!

There used to be a business called Drones Plus around the USA with retail shops. Based out of Las Vegas, they are all gone now. Every store they had in California got burglarized in 2016 and some were caught on camera with no less than five people taking stuff at night.

A couple of sellers in CA now work out of a post office box and another has no walk-ins anymore after they were burglarized. You call them and they meet you on a corner like you are buying an unmarked firearm or something. With public anti-drone attitudes, it's like you are buying and selling drugs. Be discrete, either flying or buying.

Our local Best Buy has 24 hour in-store security personnel for their store. Can't blame them.

Reactions: Advexure
Yeah, like the dummy smart phones on the displays at Best Buy and Walmart. They even put stickers on them saying they are decoys... I guess to keep people from stealing the fakes thinking they were real.
If that store had real merchandise in unsecured displays, then shame on them. What were they thinking.. Or .... NOT thinking!!
Some stores only have the stickers, not the dummies. I had dummy stickers of a supposedly heavy security system while I only have a dog. Have one now though (and still have a dog), I'm leaving the stickers, served me well so far.

There used to be a business called Drones Plus around the USA with retail shops. Based out of Las Vegas, they are all gone now. Every store they had in California got burglarized in 2016 and some were caught on camera with no less than five people taking stuff at night.

I live close to where the Drones Plus store used to be in Los Angeles. They were broken into FIVE TIMES!!! I almost feel like if you allow that to happen and it isn't straight up armed robbery, maybe you deserve to be robbed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan