Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor change.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need to change one motor. Are there any tutorials available on how to do it ? Have never done it so dont wang to risk. I googled already but didnt find anything helpful. Is the ESC detachable from the motor or are they one unit ? Read conflicting statements. Many thanks.

Thank you. But it doesnt really show how to exchange the motor, i.e. esc off or not, cabling, etc.

Hi guys, I need to change one motor. Are there any tutorials available on how to do it ? Have never done it so dont wang to risk. I googled already but didnt find anything helpful. Is the ESC detachable from the motor or are they one unit ? Read conflicting statements. Many thanks.
The motor is soldered directly to the esc but the esc is pluggable to the loom via bullet connectors.
It is an easy job to swap the motor with competent soldering skills however if you do not feel comfortable with this you can change both the motor and esc without having to solder.

Reactions: Blue Bird
Great, many thanks. The Motor is sold with the ESC or is it 2 separate items ? Isnt really clear from the spare parts no.

Here for example: DJI Inspire 1 - 3510 Motor (CCW)

There are many other though.
That's NOT an Inspire motor!
Yes it IS a 3510/KV350 which is a standard size/rated motor and YES the Inspire does use this size of motor but you will never be able o fit it to the Inspire since the mounting is completely different.
The E800 tuned prop system motors are standard 3510 threaded fit. The Inspire motors have a 90 degree securing non removable 'bracket' protruding from the bottom of the housing that slots into the motor mount on each arm.

Reactions: jwood47

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1