Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor life cycle...

Reaction score
Hey guys;

I searched the forum for this topic and couldn't find anything regarding the Inspire's motor life cycle, so please forgive if this is a repost.

There seems to be a lot of data out there regarding battery life expectancy, but not much regarding the motors. I have almost 23 hours on my motors (v2.0) and they're still going strong. On my Phantom 1, I ran the Tiger Antigravity motors and never saw a lick of wear in those babies and I flew the bejesus out of those birds.

DJI released a maintenance manual for the Inspire. And though it mentions the servomotor, it makes no mention of an expected life cycle of the brushless motors. So...I guess the best way to find out is just ask who has the most hours on their motors (v2.0 data preferred), and what their experience is. I've had my Inspire since August and have a total of about 100 flights totaling 22+ hours.

Note: A DJI tech support lemming once told me I could expect 1,000 hours of trouble-free flight, but I don't put much stock in what they tell me...especially since their advice varies from lemming to lemming.

Please share your experience.

Regards,

Donnie

Last edited:
Hey guys;

I searched the forum for this topic and couldn't find anything regarding the Inspire's motor life cycle, so please forgive if this is a repost.

There seems to be a lot of data out there regarding battery life expectancy, but not much regarding the motors. I have almost 23 hours on my motors (v2.0) and they're still going strong. On my Phantom 1, I ran the Tiger Antigravity motors and never saw a lick of wear in those babies and I flew the bejesus out of those birds.

DJI released a maintenance manual for the Inspire. And though it mentions the servomotor, it makes no mention of an expected life cycle of the brushless motors. So...I guess the best way to find out is just ask who has the most hours on their motors (v2.0 data preferred), and what their experience is. I've had my Inspire since August and have a total of about 100 flights totaling 22+ hours.

Note: A DJI tech support lemming once told me I could expect 1,000 hours of trouble-free flight, but I don't put much stock in what they tell me...especially since their advice varies from lemming to lemming.

Please share your experience.

Regards,

Donnie
Brushless motors last indefinitely - there are no moving parts in them.
Bearings however need to be replaced periodically and should be checked regularly. (lots about that on the forum together with size and replacement videos).
The motors will outlast your interest in the airframe and you will be on the Inspire 7 and the motors will still be going.
Don't worry about them - just take care of the bearings.

Brushless motors last indefinitely - there are no moving parts in them.
Bearings however need to be replaced periodically and should be checked regularly. (lots about that on the forum together with size and replacement videos).
The motors will outlast your interest in the airframe and you will be on the Inspire 7 and the motors will still be going.
Don't worry about them - just take care of the bearings.

Any flight hour estimates on bearing life? Bearings are usually pretty good about showing signs of wear either via noise or physical wobble...usually the former before the latter. Just curious if you have an idea of just how long those bearings last.

Any flight hour estimates on bearing life? Bearings are usually pretty good about showing signs of wear either via noise or physical wobble...usually the former before the latter. Just curious if you have an idea of just how long those bearings last.
Circa 100hrs.......
In most cases they will show no sign of wear. Your first sign of wear will be heat build up.
If you get a flat, it will change pitch/be noisy
Bearing Replacement How To Video
Replacing motor bearings
Anyone approaching/reached 50hrs flight time on their Inspire yet?

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen