Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor overload. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety

Reaction score
I have starting seeing this warning. It is not related to the gimbal motor.
The message reads:
"Motor Overloaded. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety."

I am not flying any differently than I have been in the past. Has anyone any idea if this is normal?

My settings are the defaults:
Throttle up: 0.40
Rudder Right: 0.40
Foward/Right: 0.40
Attitude: 100
Brake: 100
Yaw end point: 150
Pitch gain: 100
Roll gain: 100
Yaw gain: 100
Vertical: 100

Versions:
App: 3.1.0
Aircraft: 1.9.1.30
Remote controller: 1.7.60
Camera: 1.8.1.00

thanks for your help.

Richard

Attachments

• IMG_1765.JPG
    IMG_1765.JPG
    474.7 KB · Views: 114
Only thing I can suggest is check the voltages on the cells of the battery via the app.
Try a different battery.
Make sure the motor is spinning freely without any signs of bearing failure or feels stiff. Do they all spin with your finger about the same number of times when you flick them?

See if its coming up all the time too, in the meantime, do some tests over thick bushes at a low altitude to give yourself a chance.

I have starting seeing this warning. It is not related to the gimbal motor.
The message reads:
"Motor Overloaded. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety."

I am not flying any differently than I have been in the past. Has anyone any idea if this is normal?

My settings are the defaults:
Throttle up: 0.40
Rudder Right: 0.40
Foward/Right: 0.40
Attitude: 100
Brake: 100
Yaw end point: 150
Pitch gain: 100
Roll gain: 100
Yaw gain: 100
Vertical: 100

Versions:
App: 3.1.0
Aircraft: 1.9.1.30
Remote controller: 1.7.60
Camera: 1.8.1.00

thanks for your help.

Richard
Hover for around 2-3 minutes and then land.
Immediately after landing, feel the temperature of each motor with your fingers. Does one motor feel hotter than the others?
If so, suspect bearings. Although a good test is to free spin the motors by hand and feel if there is any resistance it is not always possible to show up worn bearings this way.
A lot of Inspires are coming up to some high flight hours and people should be thinking about bearings!

My I1 started to show this today. This warning happened after the DJI Go update. I do not have that many hours on mine. Besides the software would not know anything about worn out bearings. They added something to the code.

I took flight again today and the issue did not happen again. I made sure had full charge the TB48 bat. Only other thing was I changed back to the original props that came with the inspire and not the replacement props I was using. Both sets of props are DJi brand so I don't know. :-/
All I want to know atm is, how can sell my DJi I1 for 6.5k and get me an Inspire 2! Sorry I had to digress a little. :)

Reactions: Mancheman
My I1 started to show this today. This warning happened after the DJI Go update. I do not have that many hours on mine. Besides the software would not know anything about worn out bearings. They added something to the code.
The software can detect the amount of back emf coming from the motors as well as the driven pwm square wave from the esc's and the expected rpm. If the two do not correlate the software will assume a motor obstruction.

Im getting this error as well since the latest update. Absolutely nothing else to blame but the update. Im was in Atti and all it took to trip it was flying into a moderate breeze. Before the update I was doing pano's in 20mph wind without issues. DJI come on.

Three more flights in same conditions. Problem only exists when using 4500mah packs.
I would guess over zealous algorithm reporting the error on the potential difference drop under load.
Smart batteries are anything but.......

It happen to me also today... with both tb48/47.. but i do touch the motor after land... seems normal...

no idea... it happen to me also for today... on and off... with fresh new tb48 no issue... will try tb47 soon

It happened to me too. Inspire 1 with x5. I was just hovering. The flight started with a partially used TB47 at 75%. However. the copter did not seem to decelerate after the warning.

Last edited:
It happen to me now everyday... especially with tb47.... but tb48 happen when not fullycharge... i am using 1360s on my t600 .. i do check the motor temperature... seems okay...

I am all of a sudden receiving the same warning message, and never did before. (Sounds like a coincidence if we are all having the same issue, and also at the same time DJI released that the Inspire 2 won't be as fast as they marketed it to be). It seems to be some sort of update. Does anyone know how to roll back the application version, on Android or iOS?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickolas74