Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor overload. Aircraft will decelerate to ensure safety

I notice that...

"Motor overload message is something related with"

"Propulsion output is limited to ensure safety of battery"

Mb there is some bug bettween then ?..

I have had the same issue and am wondering if it is something that was implemented after an application update, but I cannot seem to rollback.

I got the same warning last weekend, I was doing some fairly aggressive turns and the wind was about 15mph. I believe it was with a TB48 battery. I'm not on the most firmware, the inspire is 1.5.80 and the App is 3.1 unless it did another update I'm not aware of

So the question is, if there is no rollback option for the app, and this seems to be a pattern related to the battery charge level, should it be ignored until the next update?

I am also having the same problem with the Inspire 1 v2? TB47 battery. In my case as I get the message, the Inspire cuts the power gradually to the motors and forces you to land.

DJI GO 3.1.1
Aircraft 1.7.00.90+
Controller 1.2.1.03

I am having the same message every flight with both TB47 and TB48. Whether I'm hovering or moving. Really annoying. Seems to be the app since I updated the IPad and Go app. Motors are all cool after each flight. No signs of bearings or binding. Changed props. still on every flight with full charge. (97 to 100%). All cells read well and level. Voltages are perfect... gotta love these forced updates... Fingers crossed my Miss Betty keeps going for some time without any further error messages. Good luck and happy flying over the Christmas holidays to you all from Me down in Australia.

Reactions: Jorge Martinez
I had the same message both before and after installing the latest updated. I put in a fully charged battery and no longer had the message.

I get these warnings pretty often. Wether I'm using the v1 or the v2, multiple tb47 and tb48s. I'm actually comforted by it, I assume they have made it so that there is no chance in the world there will be any voltage or other issues due to pushing the equipment too hard. Better safe than sorry. If I didn't have two inspires and a variety of batteries I would be worried too. I'm happy as long as it's in one piece. I never notice a difference in performance, but then again I don't push the envelope at all. Heck, I even limit the throttle output to 75% for peace of mind.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I've actually been getting this too. I was told it's something to do with the lady firmware. I kept flying and didn't have any issues. Basically flew until the battery was low.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I just got my AC back from DJI because the FW would not upload and sure enough i'm experiencing the same warning TB47's fully charged, but today a very notable exceptionMy AC began a landing sequence after this warning "critically low power. Aircraft landing, Throttle up to reduce the speed of descent and use sticks to avoid obstacles", ABSOLUTELY NO RTH!! Fortunately I was able to allow it to land safely with intervention, suppose I was over water etc????? Serious puckerage occurred for a few moments there.
queued up with DJI now was number 40 down to 12. Prior to update and release of I2 my craft flew perfectly.
come to think of it prior to update and release of iPhone 7, my iPhone batteries worked perfectly now the battery suddenly makes my phone go dead. Are Apple and DJI software engineers in cahoots?

Last edited:
I just got my AC back from DJI because the FW would not upload and sure enough i'm experiencing the same warning TB47's fully charged, but today a very notable exceptionMy AC began a landing sequence after this warning "critically low power. Aircraft landing, Throttle up to reduce the speed of descent and use sticks to avoid obstacles", ABSOLUTELY NO RTH!! Fortunately I was able to allow it to land safely with intervention, suppose I was over water etc????? Serious puckerage occurred for a few moments there.
queued up with DJI now was number 40 down to 12. Prior to update and release of I2 my craft flew perfectly.
come to think of it prior to update and release of iPhone 7, my iPhone batteries worked perfectly now the battery suddenly makes my phone go dead. Are Apple and DJI software engineers in cahoots?
As you have only just got the Inspire back and DJI did the update - have you checked smart go home is enabled in the app and checked what behaviour is set if it is?
DJI may have updated and disabled it..........

Re calibrated IMU and compass flew two batteries kept within 200 ft. Vertical 500ft. Down range rth worked fine overload message appeared while hovering inches off ground at end of flight to deplete battery, 2:05 remaining flight time. No other issues.

Well I just had this happen to me with both the TB47 and the TB48. Wind was about 18mph and all I was trying to do was drain the batts however all batteries were at 60% I will try again with fully charged batteries to see if it happens again.

Reactions: MacDyver
I see it with battery at lower levels and have guessed its a management part of the SW to manage the charge levels so they dont drain too quickly as the battery discharges at lower levels.

Reactions: DamesNY
Well I just had this happen to me with both the TB47 and the TB48. Wind was about 18mph and all I was trying to do was drain the batts however all batteries were at 60% I will try again with fully charged batteries to see if it happens again.
Wind speeds over 14 mph is appearing to be a common denominator.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz