Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Motor squeak (Concerned)

Reaction score
I have a new Inspire 1 V.2 that had it's first flight this weekend. I noticed that from an idle if I rev the motors I hear squeaking like a bad bearing. I flew out of the yard about 100 ft. and came back in and could notice it when I came in for the landing. I can reproduce it on the ground by revving the motors a little. Can't seem to isolate which motor it is. Anyone have this type of issue with theirs?

Reactions: Highrpm955
I have a new Inspire 1 V.2 that had it's first flight this weekend. I noticed that from an idle if I rev the motors I hear squeaking like a bad bearing. I flew out of the yard about 100 ft. and came back in and could notice it when I came in for the landing. I can reproduce it on the ground by revving the motors a little. Can't seem to isolate which motor it is. Anyone have this type of issue with theirs?

Definitely not right - sounds like a bearing on its way out.
When you fly (and I wouldn't other than to confirm which bearing), IMMEDIATELY upon landing and shutting down the motors feel each motor in turn for temperature. If one feels noticeably warmer than the others, that's your culprit.

Definitely not right - sounds like a bearing on its way out.
When you fly (and I wouldn't other than to confirm which bearing), IMMEDIATELY upon landing and shutting down the motors feel each motor in turn for temperature. If one feels noticeably warmer than the others, that's your culprit.
Thanks, I'll try that. All the motors feel right. No play. All same resistance to turn them.

Hey Editor,... you remember I had this issue back in May or so? I had just a handful of flights on her. I now have 300+ flights, and it never presented an problem. I was able to pull the RPM's up just a little off of idle and it would squeal.. It still does it sometimes. Hell, it may do it all the time, I've prob just gotten used to it. We had discussed replacing bearings, but I never did do it. I don't have any motor heat, and its always flown quite well. Also, mine sounds just like in the video there.... but by all means, use caution.

Last edited:
Hey Editor,... you remember I had this issue back in May or so? I had just a handful of flights on her. I now have 300+ flights, and it never presented an problem. I was able to pull the RPM's up just a little off of idle and it would squeal.. It still does it sometimes. Hell, it may do it all the time, I've prob just gotten used to it. We had discussed replacing bearings, but I never did do it. I don't have any motor heat, and its always flown quite well. Also, mine sounds just like in the video there.... but by all means, use caution.
Hey Highrpm - I can't remember everything on the forum......that's a lot of posts. :p
It's possible that it is simply the shaft squeaking against the thrust washer pushing up against the bearing I guess - I just like to be safe than sorry with these scenarios. If there was any heat build up on one motor more than the others I would say definitely do not fly until it was sorted. If all the motors are coming down at the same temp then maybe try lightly lubricating the shaft at the bottom of each motor by the e-clip. :)

Thats a good idea for a start Sir!... The weather here has taken a turn for the worst.(30-50mph sustained).. this might be a good time for some preventative maintenance.;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08