Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

motor stiff

If your not getting any you should be okay to fly the inspire is very sensitive to motor problems when detected and will throw up ESC errors if there's a problem

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I got 1 motor thats really stiff compared to the other 3.
I'm a little scared to turn it on.
Any advice?
My guess.....it sounds like a bearing. They are not too bad to replace (I have done one set on one of mine but the other Inspire is fairly low hours so not needed yet).
I would however strongly advise you get a little bearing puller which will make the job far far easier and not risk damaging the new bearing going in.
I have an old one from years ago which they do not seem to make anymore but alternatives are available. Do not get the 'cone' type as these are not true pullers but go for a threaded extraction type tool. Along the lines of.....
LRP Works Team Bearing Puller | RC Racer - The home of RC racing on the web

Reactions: WhirlyBirdPro
If your concerned you can always replace, are they T600s

Yes doesn't seem good reminds me of a problem I had with my inspire some time ago that started in my bird getting ESC errors after a while

If your concerned you can always replace, are they T600s

No they are not.
On the Inspire v1 they are 3510/kv350's based on the E800 system but the mounting is different as they have vertical fixing points.

My guess.....it sounds like a bearing. They are not too bad to replace (I have done one set on one of mine but the other Inspire is fairly low hours so not needed yet).
I would however strongly advise you bet a little bearing puller which will make the job far far easier and not risk damaging the new bearing going in.
I have an old one from years ago which they do not seem to make anymore but alternatives are available. Do not get then'cone' type as these are not true pullers but gomfor a threaded extraction type tool. Along the lines of.....

Changing the bearings gets me out of my comfort zone but might as well open it up. I think I'll just order a new motor that seems pretty simple to replace

I would however strongly advise you get a little bearing puller which will make the job far far easier and not risk damaging the new bearing going in.
I have an old one from years ago which they do not seem to make anymore but alternatives are available. Do not get the 'cone' type as these are not true pullers but go for a threaded extraction type tool. Along the lines of.....
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...IINTAA&usg=AFQjCNE-f4BMbiRqxrSllTCeXN3WavPqaQ
Actually I can handle this repair pretty simple.

That covers the mechanics of the job but a couple of things to watch out for.
You will not need to pre-soak the new bearings if they are already packed with grease/oil. By pre-soaking you would be diluting the existing lubricant already installed under the bearing guards otherwise.
Knocking out the old bearings is fine since you will be throwing them away but knocking in new ones is not the best idea.The reason being you are putting percussive lateral force on the bearing race and they were never designed to take those kind of forces. It is far better to push/press them in with the force being applied to the outside edge casing rather than the inner race.
If you absolutely have to go the route of tapping in the new ones domit VERY carefully and if they will not tap in easily - Stop!

That covers the mechanics of the job but a couple of things to watch out for.
You will not need to pre-soak the new bearings if they are already packed with grease/oil. By pre-soaking you would be diluting the existing lubricant already installed under the bearing guards otherwise.
Knocking out the old bearings is fine since you will be throwing them away but knocking in new ones is not the best idea.The reason being you are putting percussive lateral force on the bearing race and they were never designed to take those kind of forces. It is far better to push/press them in with the force being applied to the outside edge casing rather than the inner race.
If you absolutely have to go the route of tapping in the new ones domit VERY carefully and if they will not tap in easily - Stop!
I'm gone take the motor with esc attached and give my local hobbyist your instructions.
I ordered a replacement but I wanted to see if this 1 can be repaired.
Thanks for the guidance.

Reactions: The Editor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD