Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mounting a standard tripod?

Reaction score
Anyone with an Osmo, is there a mount for mounting it to a standard tripod? Interested in getting one of these, but would like to be able to mount it for some special shots. Not interested in the small tabletop tripod accessory DJI shows (already have several of those), want it to sit on my standard full-size tripod.

The battery door is on the bottom. You need to get the extension arm attachment which does have a standard tripod screw hole on the bottom.
Everything attaches to the phone holder plug.

For clarification, the only way to mount Osmo on a standard tripod is to get the $55 Extension Rod? I was hoping one of the smaller Extension Arm or Universal Mount might have a tripod screw hole.

For clarification, the only way to mount Osmo on a standard tripod is to get the $55 Extension Rod? I was hoping one of the smaller Extension Arm or Universal Mount might have a tripod screw hole.
there is a 1/4 20 hole in the side where the phone attaches. you can turn a tripod head sideways and mount it like that.

There's not a ton of room on the side due to the curve of the handheld body, all of DJI's attachments have small circular plates and it won't fit on my MeFOTO plate. Easiest solution I've come up with is to use bits of my GoPro kit to attach it to a regular tripod and or mounts.
So the Screw mount adapter for GoPro attached to a 45 degree angle joint and then back to a GoPro tripod adapter. Looks ugly but it will do until the DJI stuff ships.

"Grand Stand" with quick-release tripod mount..........

Snow1.JPG

Adapt2.jpg

Adapt3.JPG

I got the Osmo Stand (£7!) which has a tripod screw in the bottom. £7 option is cheaper than the tripod accessory - easier to mount or unmount and cheap!
DJI's new stand is very affordable at $10 US. I've tried using it like I do the Grand Stand and I find it heavy to leave attached when shooting hand-held for long (it's an additional 5 5/8oz where the Grand Stand is only a 1/3 of that 1 3/4 oz). I think DJI weighted it since it doesn't have a uniform base size trying to keep it stable.

GrandStandvsCheapDJI.JPG

Anyone with an Osmo, is there a mount for mounting it to a standard tripod? Interested in getting one of these, but would like to be able to mount it for some special shots. Not interested in the small tabletop tripod accessory DJI shows (already have several of those), want it to sit on my standard full-size tripod.
Just got mine in my hand and there is no mount on the bottom (where you would expect it). There is some sort of mount on the side of the handle but it looks pretty much useless for the standard tripod as the handle interferes with a standard mount I tried. Looks pretty much like it is built for DJI products only (sadly)

there is a 1/4 20 hole in the side where the phone attaches. you can turn a tripod head sideways and mount it like that.
I have to disagree as I have tried 2 different tripod mounts and the handle on the OSMO blocks the screw from connecting.

If you're having problems mounting osmo handle to tripod, then best way is simply to buy the DJI articulating arm. You can screw one end to the tripod mount, and the other will happily fit in the osmo handle. It also makes it a breeze to reposition the handle to vertical of flashlight mode, or to set it straight if your tripod is off-level.

Reactions: henrymerrilees
@Thatguy it's the best solution I've seen yet. Did you build the adapter by yourself? Where I can purchase?

I would like to use the same setup with the cullman tripod.

kind regards

Reactions: Thatguy
@Thatguy it's the best solution I've seen yet. Did you build the adapter by yourself? Where I can purchase?

I would like to use the same setup with the cullman tripod.

kind regards

I appreciate your comment.

I designed and built the adapter myself. I wanted to see if people were interested in my design.

PM me for further details.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1