Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Multiple issues with live camera view through GO App

Reaction score
So, I have thumbed through countless threads on this forum and others... but have been unable to locate a topic describing the exact problem that I am having (hopefully I have just missed it, and there's already a fix).

I flew my Inspire 1 V2.0 for several flights/hours before encountering any type of issue. The first thing that I noticed was that during flight, the GO App just started snapping still pictures (one right after another) without any input from me. This would continue until I landed the AC and powered down. It did not occur on every flight, just occasionally.

The next issue that I began to encounter was after powering everything up, pre-flight, I would have no live view from my camera through the GO App. I could see all of the telemetry around the perimeter of the screen (which appeared accurate), see below:

As you can see, I am getting a "Ready To Go" status indication. After several cycles of rebooting all hardware and software, and disconnecting/reconnecting the camera a few times... I typically get the live view back. My channel screen looks like this, while I have no live view:

The next problem that I began to encounter was an extreme lag between what my AC was doing during flight, and what my live view was showing me through the GO App. For example, turn the AC to the right (which it would immediately do in the air) and then wait approximately 20 seconds before witnessing that occur on my "live view" through the app.

After I encountered these problems for several flights I contacted DJI Customer Support through Live Chat. They had me recalibrate the IMU, reset/reconnect the RC to the AC and checked all of my firmware versions. These did not solve the problem and they then asked for the screenshot that I pictured above. After seeing this, they had me uninstall/reinstall the GO App on my tablet. After doing that, the problem was not evident when starting my next flight (as I said, it is intermittent... does not occur each flight). Unfortunately, it has begun occurring again and now with a new twist:

If I don't get the black screen, I get that scrambled view. Additionally, I sometimes start everything up for a flight and once I tap "CAMERA" in the GO App it takes me directly to the following screen and is frozen:

My connections look like this:

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 that has all of its latest updates installed. The camera is an X3.

Please let me know if there is already a known fix for this assortment of issues, a good place to start to resolve the problem(s) (i.e. the AC, the app, the camera, etc) or if I should just send it all in to DJI as it is still under warranty... although the customer service agent seemed pretty reluctant to have me send in for repair/replacement.

Thanks.

Hi SkyHawk.

Sorry to hear you're having so many issues.

I'm no expert, but one thing you didn't mention was whether you had tried another tablet/phone to connect to the Inspire?

When I started out I read a few reviews that Android wasn't as stable as IOS, so went with an iPad mini and have had no trouble.

If you could at least rule out your tablet being the root of your problems it would be a start?

Maybe borrow an iPad/iPhone if you haven't got one, and try DJI Go on that.

Cheers. Matt.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

The official supported Android devices are: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD

I am generally not an Apple man, but they have it hands down for running to GO App smoothly. The only other device that is well known to comes close to handling streaming video from the Inspire is the Nivida Shield. I use an iPad Air 2...worth the money, never a problem yet.

PFAW Holder
BNUC-S Qualified

Right. When I purchased the Inspire I already owned the Galaxy Tab 4, and thought that I would give it a try. It certainly worked great for several months, but I may need to make a switch now. I do have an iPhone 5S (which I believe is considered compatible by DJI)... will test with that once the weather clears here.

The Tab 4 really isn't fast enough to handle the go App. I have one and used it once but the lag was very noticeable. I also tried my Samsung Tab S that worked ok but was too big to lug around on the remote for me. I ended up with a Ipad Mini 3 with cellular for the Gps and that works the best so far. Make sure you turn off video caching and put it in airplane mode. Also you phone if it's in your pocket

I use an Apple Ipad Mini 4 with my I1. I am having issues with my video link dropping off in mid flight. The camera continues to record, but I have no visual on my I pad. It happens frequently when filming in 4k and less frequently in 1080. So I think the TAB my only be part of the problem.

I am guessing, I don't know for sure, that the problem is that your android device is not powerful enough, there are too many apps running in the background, or else you are running into memory problems. The clue is the fuzzy screen that you are getting. When you see a screen like this it typically means the video is being received by the android device just fine but the android device cannot process the video quickly enough to show the video properly.
The solution as mentioned above is to get a very fast 4 core Nivida shield. This android device is capable of processing the video correctly. Even with a Nivida shield do not run too many apps, if possible run no other apps besides the DJI Go. it is a very good idea to put the android device in airplane mode too when flying.
The DJI Go app is doing a lot of processing on android devices and it is easy for other apps to interfere with the DJI Go app.
For the phantom 4, DJI addresses this issue by providing a rc controller with a dedicated android device just to run the DJI Go app. I imagine that DJI will release a similar controller for their other drones in the near future.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu